Jaya, my semi-feral dog

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Jaya, my semi-feral dog

Post by Stormy Peak »

The post from above: In English:

David, thank you for the kinds words. And, even with the somewhat clumsy language translator your thoughts came through as quite eloquent.

Today, I went to my vet's office to make a payment on what I owe there, and to ask if they knew approximately when I could expect to get Jaya's ashes.

It turned out that the ashes had been delivered about 10 minutes before I got there. I wasn't expecting it, and hadn't shored up my emotions...and started to cry in front of everyone in the clinic...there were 4 clients (2 couples) waiting, the receptionist, 2 vet techs and Andy, my vet.

They were all right there, because Andy had just returned from a 1/2 hour lunch break and her 1pm and 1:20 pm appointments were there and Andy was taking her coat off, while saying "hello" to everyone, and answering a few quick questions from her receptionist and vet techs.

I was ablel to get Jaya's ashes, and I was shaking a little bit and unsuccesfully holding back tears. That got the two women crying...the ones there with their husbands...and one of the vet techs, who it turned out had also just put her dog to sleep 4 days ago.

I usually have the will power to not cry if need be. I don't want to be driving my car while emotionally upset, distracted, and not able to see very well due to tears in my eyes. But I managed to get home ok....with Jaya's ashes.

The ashes are in a 4 inch x 4 inch brushed aluminum box about 4 inches deep. It has her name on a white sticky label and it's done in a large Old English looking font.

The metal box is in a small sack, that is see-through, but also has some dog paw-prints in black, and various sizes decorating it.

The weather when I got home was nasty cold, the wind was blowing had, and it was both raining and snowing.
So I will wait until tomorrow to bury Jaya's ashes above HaHa's grave.

I really don't want to keep the box, nor throw it away in a garbage-can afterwards...so I will just bury it without opening it.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago [The English post follows this Spanish post]
[La publicación en inglés sigue a la publicación en español].
--------------------------
David, gracias por las amables palabras. Y, incluso con el traductor de idiomas algo torpe, sus pensamientos fueron bastante elocuentes.

Hoy, fui a la oficina de mi veterinario para hacer un pago de lo que debo allí y para preguntar si sabían aproximadamente cuándo podría esperar recibir las cenizas de Jaya.

Resultó que las cenizas habían sido entregadas unos 10 minutos antes de que yo llegara. No me lo esperaba, y no había reforzado mis emociones... y comencé a llorar frente a todos en la clínica... había 4 clientes (2 parejas) esperando, la recepcionista, 2 técnicos veterinarios y Andy. , mi veterinario.

Estaban bien allí, porque Andy acababa de regresar de un descanso de media hora para almorzar y sus citas de la 1:00 p. m. y la 1:20 p. preguntas rápidas de su recepcionista y técnicos veterinarios.

Pude obtener las cenizas de Jaya, y estaba temblando un poco y sin poder contener las lágrimas. Eso hizo llorar a las dos mujeres... las que estaban allí con sus maridos... y a uno de los técnicos veterinarios, que resultó que también acababa de poner a dormir a su perro hace 4 días.

Normalmente tengo la fuerza de voluntad para no llorar si es necesario. No quiero estar manejando mi auto emocionalmente molesto, distraído y sin poder ver muy bien debido a las lágrimas en mis ojos. Pero logré llegar bien a casa... con las cenizas de Jaya.

Las cenizas están en una caja de aluminio cepillado de 4 pulgadas x 4 pulgadas de aproximadamente 4 pulgadas de profundidad. Tiene su nombre en una etiqueta adhesiva blanca y está escrito en una fuente grande de aspecto inglés antiguo.

La caja de metal está en un pequeño saco, que es transparente, pero también tiene algunas huellas de perros en negro y varios tamaños decorándolo.

Cuando llegué a casa, el clima era muy frío, soplaba viento y llovía y nevaba.
Así que esperaré hasta mañana para enterrar las cenizas de Jaya sobre la tumba de HaHa.

Realmente no quiero quedarme con la caja, ni tirarla después a la basura... así que la enterraré sin abrirla.

Stormy
Hello Stormy, it is difficult not to give in to the emotions that exist due to the loss of loved ones, and that people around you can share with you the feeling of pain and sadness

We will never be prepared for the loss of loved ones, since we do not know at the time of loss how much love there was for them, just as Jaya gave you everything she had, since she could never learn what affection was, and be able to love without fear, she gave you the little she had, and in her most innocent way she tried to give you the love she had never known

you were able to understand that, and value it for that Jaya has her special room in your heart with great Trophies that she gave you in the time of sharing with you everything that you lived

What could I tell you that makes your heart happy, without at this moment there is an immense emptiness for someone who occupies a great place in your life

maybe I'm still very far from the truth of what they are for you

I just hope that you can find moments of tranquility and peace, which are hard to find sometimes.

and I am very convinced of your great strength on the great situations that can arise before you, as I said before Worthy of admiration and imitation

David
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

One last comment...

I got Jaya's ashes on Thursday and buried her Friday, due to Thursday's weather being so nasty.
My sister and I dug a small hole right next to HaHa's grave and buried the ashes...

I realized this weekend, that Friday, was November 4th.
And Ironically...
November 4th 2016 was the day HaHa was put to sleep and buried right afterwards.

The timing on that....kind of left me a little breathless and crying a lot on Saturday and Sunday.

I think the very worst of the pain of losing Jaya and HaHa too...was cried out...and I hope this week will be less stressful for me and I know in the weeks to come, the pain will ease until I can smile when I think of her, rather than have tears.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago One last comment...

I got Jaya's ashes on Thursday and buried her Friday, due to Thursday's weather being so nasty.
My sister and I dug a small hole right next to HaHa's grave and buried the ashes...

I realized this weekend, that Friday, was November 4th.
And Ironically...
November 4th 2016 was the day HaHa was put to sleep and buried right afterwards.

The timing on that....kind of left me a little breathless and crying a lot on Saturday and Sunday.

I think the very worst of the pain of losing Jaya and HaHa too...was cried out...and I hope this week will be less stressful for me and I know in the weeks to come, the pain will ease until I can smile when I think of her, rather than have tears.

Stormy

It is incredible that the pain of loss is much greater than the love felt for the pets that one can have.

I have lost many pets, and with many agony it has been too crazy, and cruel in my opinion to see it and have to suffer in not being able to help them, years have passed since their loss, and every time I think of them, and what they went through , and that it cannot help them, I cannot let a lump form in my throat, and that the feeling of anguish and pain for them manifests itself, it is something that could never disappear, I only think that it sleeps and that when it manages to awaken love for them it hurts, and you feel their loss
I also had something ironic, the day one of her died, that day her vet's birthday was. so they are things that mark people's lives

I can only hope that your pain sleeps and that it is very little each time I manage to wake up, love lasts forever even wounded, it will always be present in the hearts of those who have loved their pets.

Cheers

David