RL Drama Across from Santa Anita

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

RL Drama Across from Santa Anita

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Apparently a black bear sow with 2 cubs is napping in the park across the road from both Santa Anita and the mall. The park is literally a few yards from the barns and local authorities are trying to encourage the bear to head back into the wilderness but honestly she’s going to have to cross a lot of busy areas before she gets to a good place. Weird.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: RL Drama Across from Santa Anita

Post by Darcy McBride »

I sure hope they don't wander into the barns. I wonder if they will have to dart her, and catch/trap the cubs and move them that way? Might be easier than trying to get them to cross busy roads/areas.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

With traffic, businesses, homes....and all the trash can food, and such to be had, the authorities are idiots in hoping to encourage the bear to head back into the wilderness. She or her cubs will be in danger of being hit by cars, or someone's dog will decide to ran at it, and end up killed...etc. They need to just do a capture and transplant...get her darted, or caged...then transport her somewhere into the wilderness. It would just be safer for her, her cubs and neighborhood pets, as well as people.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Apparently they darted the mama, but the cubs were in a tree. They were spraying them with a fire hose to try to get them to climb down from the tree so that they could dart them and relocate with their mom, but last I heard the babies weren't coming down.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Any update