Jasper

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Jasper

Post by Eric Gray »

I had to make the decision to allow my 18 year old cat, Jasper, to be euthanized this evening. I’m not a kid. I know the deal. Still, that is a tremendously difficult decision. I should have done it about a week ago, but I’m a selfish coward and was trying to hold on to him as long as I could despite knowing that it was the best thing I could do for him. I consider myself a dog person more than a cat person, but I’m an ANIMAL person first and foremost and when you’ve been with someone for nearly two decades, it is very hard. Hug your loved pets close. Love you Jasper ❤️.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Jasper

Post by Eric Gray »

Sorry for the double post. I’ve been drinking a LITTLE!!!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

It is always hard to lose a beloved pet. And the last gift we can give them in the end, is the Act of Kindness. When my old tortoiseshell, Dutchess, had to go (she was 21), and I knew she did before she got worse, it was still the hardest thing to do to put her in the car and drive to the vet. She never needed a carrier, she always enjoyed car rides, and I felt so guilty, even though it was time. A big hug to you, Eric.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your dear Jasper, Eric. They definitely take a piece of us with them when they go and I know that 18 years of love is hard to let go. 💔
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

I'm so sorry for your loss Eric, sending all the virtual hugs
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 40k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 20k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 7.5k
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I am so sorry, Eric.
Losing someone who has been a friend for so long is difficult. It's like the laws of nature would be changing - the sudden lack of an echo and a shadow, the loss of the brush of air against us when they walk by, the murmur in our minds going quiet. It takes time to recover from, if we ever really fully do.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So sorry for your loss Eric, no matter how many companions you have in your life, it never gets easier. Sending you lots of love in this difficult time ❤️
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I'm really sorry you are going through this, Eric. It's the curse that comes with the blessing of having these animals in our lives, they always go before we are ready. 18 years is a sure sign that Jasper was well loved and cared for. Giving my cat an extra hug in Jasper's memory.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

:(. Sorry. I know the feeling and I’m sorry you are going through it. Just remember the good times and will help put a smile on your face.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

My condolences.

I recently put my elderly dog, Jaya to sleep, and I know the deep hurt will last for a few months before it finally eases up a little bit.

Losing a loved one, It wounds the heart, but I think wounds heal. They leave a scar, but for me that's ok.
I can mentally count the scars and I know that it means I loved someone, or a pet, and in return was loved by them.

I think it's a healthy way of looking at such sad events, and I think it would be a bigger tragedy to live out one's life and never be wounded that way, because it would mean a person never learned to love others, and what an empty, pointless life that would be.

Sorry for your loss and I hope that in a not too distant future, you will remember Jasper with smiles rather than tears.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Thanks everyone.