When It Rains..

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

When It Rains..

Post by Lily Wilkins »

It pours.
This has been one of my hardest weeks ever.
My son had his first day of daycare on Monday, which went okay, but he came home with a massive diaper rash that had developed blisters by the next day. On Tuesday, I started a new job and my fiancé began complaining of a sore throat. It dumped snow, so my son couldn't go to daycare and my fiance had to use PTO hours to stay home with him, and I had to commute to/from my first day of my new job in snow. Thank goodness for my Subaru.. The clinic I work at is on a hill. Western Washington is awful about plowing and such. It's Armageddon here when it snows.

By Wednesday, the blistering diaper rash was better (whew) but my fiancé woke up with a full-blown fever and chills. We opted to keep our son home again due to residual snow, and the apparent illness in our home.

Thursday night, our son kept us awake most of the night wheezing and coughing. By mid-day Friday, he was in terrible shape with a high fever, and we had to rush him to the ER when I got off work. He tested positive for Influenza A. On our way home from the ER, it started dumping snow again.
His condition worsened further yesterday, so we ended up in the ER again. He had to get a steroid injection and a bunch of tests run to make sure his lungs were okay.
11 hours total spent in the ER in a 24 hour period of time. Endless stress, tears, and fear. We are so burned out and exhausted.

THANKFULLY, he slept through the night last night and his fever has broken. He still has a cough and definitely isn't feeling good, but his color is better, he's acting more like himself, and his morale has improved.

At this point, I should probably have a fever and feel like i'm dying, but I feel alright... Just a little congested. Too bad my kid got his dad's immune system. Lol!
Here's to this week being better... Hopefully.
We still need to address the diaper rash situation though. My son never gets diaper rashes, so I suspect he went way too long without a change at daycare :roll:

(I freaking LOOOVE my new job though ❤️)
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: When It Rains..

Post by Stormy Peak »

Lily, I hope you and you family will all be a lot better in the next few days. It always seems like when things like this happens, the weather, or a car that won't start, or something else piles on to make it worse.

Congrats on the new job, btw. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago Lily, I hope you and you family will all be a lot better in the next few days. It always seems like when things like this happens, the weather, or a car that won't start, or something else piles on to make it worse.

Congrats on the new job, btw. : )

Stormy
Thanks Stormy :)
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The news here in Toronto is over flowing with the rampant problem of childhood fevers/flu and general unwell. Our huge Children’s Hospital is overwhelmed with little ones on ventilators…I’m so very glad your son is on the mend. Take heart, better days to come Lily!
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 1 year ago The news here in Toronto is over flowing with the rampant problem of childhood fevers/flu and general unwell. Our huge Children’s Hospital is overwhelmed with little ones on ventilators…I’m so very glad your son is on the mend. Take heart, better days to come Lily!
Thank you Nick
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

When my son was 7 months old, he came down with a the RSV virus, and spent 4 days at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. That was the scariest 4 days of my life. After he was home again I had a hard time getting him to eat anything. I even resorted to putting Hershey's chocolate syrup into his milk, and chopping up semi-melted popsicles and feeding it with a spoon. This went on for 3 or 4 days, and he suddenly decided he was hungry and ate away! I know how frightened you two must have been in the ER.

I am glad little Quinny is getting back to himself very quickly, and I am happy you love your new job.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Darcy McBride wrote: 1 year ago When my son was 7 months old, he came down with a the RSV virus, and spent 4 days at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. That was the scariest 4 days of my life. After he was home again I had a hard time getting him to eat anything. I even resorted to putting Hershey's chocolate syrup into his milk, and chopping up semi-melted popsicles and feeding it with a spoon. This went on for 3 or 4 days, and he suddenly decided he was hungry and ate away! I know how frightened you two must have been in the ER.

I am glad little Quinny is getting back to himself very quickly, and I am happy you love your new job.
Oh my goodness :( RSV is so awful. I'm glad your son ultimately ended up okay.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000