Battery disposal where you live ???

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Battery disposal where you live ???

Post by Stormy Peak »

I have to replace 2 eight year old batteries out of my computer's APC Back up system. Together they weigh about 10 pounds.

I called my town's sanitation service to ask if there was a place I could drop off the batteries for proper disposal. Thinking maybe they would take them. Nope....they said to call the landfill....which is about 20 miles from my home.

I call them and asked them if they had a battery disposal place here in town...
Nope...they want me to make a 40 mile round trip and bring them up to the dump.

I asked why they didn't have some kind of in-town deposit area for hazardous waste like that, and he said 'It would be too hard to maintain' As if they couldn't have the sanitation or even a city employee load get a load of batteries up there in order to keep people from just tossing batteries in their trash cans.

There is no recycling in this isolated town, as far as people separating trash in home. At the landfill, they will separate and recycle aluminum...store it in transport trailers until the price of aluminum goes up enough to help pay for a semi truck to haul the stuff 160 miles to the nearest interstate and then probably another 30 miles to the nearest recycle center.

Does your town have some kind of central deposit site for batteries, especially those that are a bit larger, but not so large as say a lawnmower battery or a car battery?

I might call a few of our auto parts stores and see if they will take the batteries, I hope one of them will.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Battery disposal where you live ???

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’d try the local scrapyard/wreckers or a mechanic
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

We have eco stations!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The town I live in has a super nice recycling set up. You can drive up with some stuff, like paint, large batteries, ect. At home, we have two bins to set out on trash days; one for typical household trash, and the other is for recycling material. Glass, cans, plastics, small batteries, ect. Glad to have them!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED