Weird but good week

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Weird but good week

Post by Stormy Peak »

So, in the past 7 days, I've had a couple of interesting things happen.

A few days back, my sister, called and asked if I had $3.00 as she was almost out of money and needed a little bit more money, just so she could put a gallon of gas in her car. Most here know I am poor, so...lol...I look at my budget....I laugh, but I am also serious...$3.00 can be a budget breaker for me in some months. :P Anyway, due to getting a little bit more this month for disability... I figured all my bills would be paid, and I could spare $20.00. So I gave my sister $20.00

I had to go downtown that day, to get some bread, eggs, a gallon of milk, a couple cans of chicken, and a bag of cat food.
I took AU with me, and parked where when standing at the counter, one could look right out and see him...in the drivers seat.
A woman walked by, stopped and pulled out her phone and took a photo of him, and came into the store laughing. She thought he was so cute. She got behind me in line, needing to just buy some cigs. I told her to go first, as I had more items. She did, and got her cigarettes, and then pulled out a $20.00 and told the clerk to apply it to my grocery bill. :shock:

I was shocked! I didn't even know this woman, but she said that my dog brought her some laughter and she has a cute photo of him, and it made her feel even better after that laugh, to help me out.

So... I gave away $20.00 and got it back in a very unexpected way the same day.

2nd thing...
One of my luxuries is my Audible book membership. I don't have t.v., and so listening to books is something I do a LOT of...plus the Audible membership has a huge listing of free books I can download an listen to.

This morning, I got a 'review' email of my listening habits. At the top, was a discount for 15% off my next book purchase. Now, I rarely purchase a book. Each month, you get a credit for a book with your membership payment. I use the credits. But I hate to use them on books that cost only like...$10 or so. I use those credits on books that average more like $25.00 or more.

So...since I had $20.00 I could spare, I decided to click on the 15% off coupon, and go pick up a lower end book. I found one for $12.00 but...no where could I find how to apply that discount. So I contacted Audible, via chat, and they couldn't tell me how to do it either, even after I forwarded the email to them...to show them the code.
They gave me a free credit instead. : )

So, I was able to get that $12.00 book for free. I wasn't expecting that either. !!!

I keep thinking now, that things run in 3.... ???? Maybe I should go spend $2.00 on a lotto ticket...???
LOL

-------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Re: Weird but good week

Post by Carolyn Eaton »