"did you do something sneaky?"

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

"did you do something sneaky?"

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I just entered Music Major into a 2yo maiden turf sprint in Australia - she's a filly, set up as a sprinter, Australia bred (and the race is not restricted anyway), has had 2 works, not entered in any other races -and I got the message "Music Major is not a valid entry - did you do something sneaky?"

what's up with that?
I'm just here for the fun of it
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Re: "did you do something sneaky?"

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Did you refresh? I always get that when I refresh..
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

It usually happens when you hit refresh, because it thinks you're trying to enter her in two races for the same night.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

It appears that your horse, "Music Major" is successfully entered in that race. So I would guess (as others have guessed) that somehow you submitted the page twice (with a reload). So the first submission works and the second one thinks it is trying to enter a horse that is already entered. The error message ("did you do something sneaky") is not very polite and is left over from SIM 2.0. I didn't know anyone was seeing it. The error message has now been improved.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Heh I loved that error message - I used to get it all the time since I use the "Back" button pretty frequently, but I guess no more!
Greentree Racing
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Greentree Racing »

I thought it was a funny line too :) !