Chat

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Chat

Post by Chris Everett »

Not quite sure what happened but the chat will not load into Chrome at all tonight for me. :(
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Chat

Post by Lori Hamill »

I was able to get in with Chrome but Chat looks really funky.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

They updated chat but for some reason it hangs and doesnt load the text stuff
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Chris Everett wrote:They updated chat but for some reason it hangs and doesnt load the text stuff
The previous chat room dropped people out on a very regular basis. That was the reason we updated the chat.
I don't know what "doesnt load the text stuff" means. Please explain. We hadn't heard any reports of problems. If anyone else is having trouble with loading the text stuff, please chime in.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I know its why its odd. It wouldnt load the chat screen, the list of people or the text box to type. Only thing on the page was the drop down menus and that link for the smartphone optimization.
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

When I'm on my phone and I'm in chat I try to optimize chat for phones at it does but it puts me offline
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Joseph Depaulo wrote:When I'm on my phone and I'm in chat I try to optimize chat for phones at it does but it puts me offline
I just tried it and had the same problem. Try using the pop-out icon instead. It is the box with the arrow on the right-bottom next to the speaker icon. That one worked correctly for me.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

The pop out works great where the link did not before. Thanks!! I do have an issue with it posting longer chats. But, I suspect it's an issue with my browser. If I reload it works fine.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Paul O'neill
Sprinter

Post by Paul O'neill »

still cannot make chat work at all for me just get white screen with header, tried in 4 browsers on 4 computers and all the ways in ,I am baffled thinking only must be something to do with my internet providr?

Paul
Paul O'neill
Sprinter

Post by Paul O'neill »

still no answer?

Paul
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Paul O'neill wrote:still cannot make chat work at all for me just get white screen with header, tried in 4 browsers on 4 computers and all the ways in ,I am baffled thinking only must be something to do with my internet providr?
Paul
To test your theory about it being your Internet provider, I hope you can connect one of your computers to a different network at a different location. Does it work then? When you mentioned 4 browsers, are those four different browsers like IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox? Is this on a home network or a corporate one?
Paul O'neill
Sprinter

Post by Paul O'neill »

it is home network , i tried on chrome ie,edge and firefox and also on my phone . i will be away next week and can try on my laptop on a different isp.

thanks Paul
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

I can login to chat while I'm on my phone or table and see everyone chatting, but I can not post a reply. I am not given a enter or send button. I've tried optimizing for mobile, but it shows me as off line, and I've also tried the pop out box as well with no luck. Any ideas?