simhorseracing.com is not responding

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Barrera Jr
Derby Contender

simhorseracing.com is not responding

Post by David Barrera Jr »

Approx 12 days ago, I couldn't log on to SimHorseRacing. After waiting a period of time a message appeared "simhorseracing.com is not responding". Then about 10 days ago the sim would load but I couldn't use the "Find Races" . It would not come up. Then about three days ago I was able to access "Find Races" and when I hit the button to be able to see the races available, it would not load for about a minute and sometimes not at all and the sim stated "simhorseracing.com is not responding". I am 77 years old and this sim plus 5 fantasy baseball and 5 fantasy football is all I have to keep me going. Please help.

Dave (BrunoBlack)
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: simhorseracing.com is not responding

Post by The Admin »

We aren't aware of any problems on our end for the SIM server. You are the first report of trouble. It is likely that the problem is somehow on your computer or in your internet path from your computer to the server. The best ways to test this theory is for you to try different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge), try a different computer and/or take your computer to a different Internet connection (friends house or free WiFi coffee shop). We need to determine where the weak link is.

Report back if you get any new data points.
Bob Green
Turf Router

Post by Bob Green »

Not sure if there's any possibility it's related, but I get a "not responding" error when using Edge. It only occurs when I right click and open 'find races' in a new tab. It does (usually) eventually load the screen though. It's never bothered me because I rarely use Edge but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
David Barrera Jr
Derby Contender

Still having problems as described above on Sep 22.
I have tried Firefox, Edge, and Chrome but my problem is still there. I have been with this sim for a long time and I have never had a major problem. Its possible the problem is with me. I am 77 years old, near dementia, live alone, and maybe its that I just don't understand. My system is, top of the line and works well. Can I ask everybody, what browser is working for you.

Dave (BrunoBlack)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I use Chrome and don't have any problem with the SIM. I've also use Firefox sometimes with no problems. Could this possibly be a server issue with your Internet provider? Perhaps the fantasy sports sites you use are not quite as heavily loaded with data as the Sim? (I know nothing about fantasy sports or fantasy leagues - so no idea.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
David Barrera Jr
Derby Contender

Everything is OK now! I received a number of PMs and I switched to Chrome as almost everybody suggested and IT WORKS!.

Dave (BrunoBlack)
Mats Jonsson
Classic Contender

Post by Mats Jonsson »

David Barrera Jr wrote:Everything is OK now! I received a number of PMs and I switched to Chrome as almost everybody suggested and IT WORKS!.

Dave (BrunoBlack)
I'm very happy for you Dave... :D
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress.
You're still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

David Barrera Jr wrote:Everything is OK now! I received a number of PMs and I switched to Chrome as almost everybody suggested and IT WORKS!.

Dave (BrunoBlack)
Great! I use FF and Chrome somewhat interchangeably for the SIM ------ glad it worked out for you!
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Brian Chunn
Miler

Post by Brian Chunn »

I am having a "not responding" problem entering my horses,it is taking 30/40 + to show available races,i am using edge.....but here is the rub,when entering my steeplechasers there is no problem,the screen comes up immediately.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Brian Chunn wrote:I am having a "not responding" problem entering my horses,it is taking 30/40 + to show available races,i am using edge.....but here is the rub,when entering my steeplechasers there is no problem,the screen comes up immediately.
That is a problem with your browser. First of all, please try a different browser like Chrome or Internet Explorer to compare the performance. I am guessing that it is slow when you have many results listed, and fast, with your steeplechasers, because there are fewer results. That is likely related to the javascript that enhances those listings.

Like I said, try a different browser to help identify the problem.

I found this article that may help:
https://www.xtremerain.com/fix-microsoft-edge-problem/