GP Sired Stakes

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

GP Sired Stakes

Post by Lori Hamill »

Just checking to see if this is a glitch or if it is just it is what it is. GP sires that are purchased by Sim members (such as All Night High, Galileo Gold, Maurice, Trixton, etc.) are their 2 year olds not eligible for GP sired stakes? (I have a few that those races are not showing up in the upcoming races for week 12.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: GP Sired Stakes

Post by The Steward »

If the horse is not standing for Game Points, then he is not a GP Sire. So if a SIM player bought him and he's standing for game $$, then no, those offspring aren't eligible.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Thanks for clarifying.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

At the same time, that kinda sucks. You create a GP sired horse and went with the GP sire for the purpose (thinking 2 SIM years down the line) that you can enter that horse in those stakes races, only to be thwarted those 2 SIM years later, if someone changed that sire to SIM money. The two year old was GP sired at the time it was created, no matter what happens to that sire down the line. Can this be something "fixed" in a future upgrade?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Players can't change a horse from GPs to SIM money, and we don't sell GP stallions. The big group of stallions we imported into the game last year all came as SIM money stallions.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

All Night High never stood for GP... when he was owned by the SIM he stood for SIM money.. not GP... so some of the studs that the SIM owned that got sold, never stood for GP.

Y43-W13-D7 Sold at auction to Kyasuriin Matsumoto for $7,006,000
Y43-W12-D3 Stud Fee set at $30,000
Y43-W12-D3 Stud Fee set at $20,000 <~ All Night High for example.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Ah...I seem to have misunderstood the Q & A. Where's my rock when I need it? (You know...for burrowing under!)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

It's my fault, Josh, I shouldn't have referred to them as GP Sires - I just couldn't think of a way to refer to them as being "outside" the normal Sim money stallions - being real life horses with real life bloodlines (which is how I should have worded it, I guess.). I was pretty sure of the answer just wanted it clarified. I should have worded it differently though.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I refer to them as the TBS sires, since they were all sold from Steward Auctions. In case that helps?