Back Button Issue

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Back Button Issue

Post by The Steward »

Here is a note from a player; we cant recrete this issue ourselves. Can anyone else recreate it or is having problems?

"back button from horse page to CATEGORIZED racing stable fails in Chrome, Edge, and of course AOL browsers. I can move from the horse page back to the full racing stable page, but as soon as I am working from some subset within the racing stable (thoroughbred, dirt sprinters, 2 year olds as an example) the back button fails. I have to sign in again. I am now getting the same disconnection issue when I go from the Bloodstock agent back to the horse page on a recently retired horse."
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Back Button Issue

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I think they may be hitting the Form Resubmission page. This occurs any time a form is filled out (or selections from a dropdown), the results are shown, you click to a new page, but hit the back button to go back to that "results" page. Since the results aren't cashed, sometimes you get a pop-up that asks if you want to resubmit the information. If you don't, you get an error or blank page. I've never had to relog back into the site; usually I'm ok by click the back button again one or two more times. However, you do have to be careful if you do this on pages such as the Bloodstock agent, Vet or Trainer, as resubmitting the results will perform the action again and may result in a duplicate charge (Agent or Vet) or exercise (Trainer).