Broodmare Injured/died/not given save option

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Broodmare Injured/died/not given save option

Post by Ashley Hunt »

I just bred this mare http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=255709 and everything went through just fine. However I noticed on her page that it said injured until 12-2-2016. The only problem with that is that it 12-3-2016 & did absolutely nothing for this to happen.

ETA: Now she has died? Doesn't it usually give you a chance to save the mare if you wanted to? I was never given that option.
Last edited by Ashley Hunt 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Broodmare Injured?

Post by Nena Olson »

Wonder if it is because the mare was going to die when bred and nobody picked if the mare would be saved or could die
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Nena Olson wrote:Wonder if it is because the mare was going to die when bred and nobody picked if the mare would be saved or could die
I would've thought so too, but I wasn't given the option to save to her. And the injury dates were off by a day.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I had a 17yo mare I bred last night, and I realized after-the-fact that I wasn't given an option to save her for further breeding ahead of time, but she lived to be bred next year. I thought there had been another 12yo+ mare I had done earlier, that I wasn't given the option to keep fertile, and she also lived to breed again. I was going to contact Em about old mares automatically living to breed again, but tried one more old mare, and things proceeded as normal (I was given the option to save), and continued as such. So, I assumed something was being tweaked at the particular time I bred the 17yo and prior mare.

In any case, since my mares lived that I didn't get an option to save or keep fertile, I don't have an issue that needs correcting.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Broodmare Injured/died/not given save option

Post by The Admin »

The date discrepancy is because you are in Central time and the SIM was reporting in Pacific time. I believe you bred the mare between midnight and 1am your time. I will update the Injured date to display SIM dates to avoid that discrepancy in the future.
I had a copy of the SIM from right before you bred your mare. I was able to recreate the breeding steps you would have taken. Immediately after breeding, the screen I got was:
Did you see that? Has anyone else seen that lately? My tests show that it is working correctly.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Broodmare Injured/died/not given save option

Post by Ashley Hunt »

No I did not see that. That's why I was so surprised. The date discrepancy makes sense.

When I bred her, the create a foal page came up, and after I created the foal it went directly back to the mares page where it told me that she had been injured. And a few minutes later it showed that she had died.