New PM filters, a little funky

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

New PM filters, a little funky

Post by Laura Smith »

Those new PM filters (by sender/recipient) that I asked for and got (thanks!) - when I've tried to use them, they give me back a proper-looking list of messages like they should, but then when I click on one of those messages, I get this:
https://goo.gl/photos/3jWxhGUQutZraGct7
Accessing the messages the usual way shows them just fine.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: New PM filters, a little funky

Post by Steve Leavitt »

I have a bit of link fun going on at the moment. Irl posted some mares for sale and included links, but when I click the links (all of them) I get this.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40562

I don't know what happens when any of the rest of you click this link, but all three take me to my breeding barn and show it as empty. (it's not empty) I found another way to look at Irl's horses and figured this was just a single glitch that only affected me.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Do you have QHs of those types? If not, that explains it. A link to your own breeding barn will always link to a player's own breeding barn when they click on it.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

I don't think I do, but the point is, Irl's link is supposed to take us to his horses for sale, not to my breeding barn.

Ah...saw your post to Irl. I understand it now.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Josh Bordeaux wrote:I don't think I do, but the point is, Irl's link is supposed to take us to his horses for sale, not to my breeding barn.

Ah...saw your post to Irl. I understand it now.
She needs to go to the Search page and put in a search using her name for whatever she is offering. If you use your own stable page link when offering horses it will always take people to their own stables. She needs to go through the Search page and get a link that way.

On a side note - I get the same thing when looking up PM's using the filters. However if I make note of the date and look up that PM without using the filters the whole message is still there. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Laura Smith wrote:Those new PM filters (by sender/recipient) that I asked for and got (thanks!) - when I've tried to use them, they give me back a proper-looking list of messages like they should, but then when I click on one of those messages, I get this:
https://goo.gl/photos/3jWxhGUQutZraGct7
Accessing the messages the usual way shows them just fine.
How embarrassing. It's been like that for a long time. It should be fixed now.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Works great now! Noticed awhile ago but kept forgetting to post about it, sorry!