Australian Classic

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Australian Classic

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this turf route Grade 1 race already run?

Only reason I ask is it's listed as Day 5, 2 a.m. (US Eastern), which has already passed. I suppose it's actually going to run at 2 a.m. tonight (technically Saturday morning, although I know Friday/Saturday etc. has nothing to do with SIM time), but that means the Aussie races will be the last to run on any given day instead of the first to run, which makes no sense.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter much, I'm just curious.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Australian Classic

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Aussie races run last. If you watch TVG late at night, Aussie and Japan races run then. Which yeah its late afternoon the next day for them, but so be it. Day 5 expires at Midnight Pacific Time, and the Aussie races run 1 hour before that.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Australian Classic

Post by Glenn Escobar »

What actually makes less sense than that at the moment is that Japan races run in the 8pm (for us) time slot and not at or near 11 like their Aussie Counterparts. My guess is that that will happen at some point, but those two being coordinated, along with say Africa running parallel to Europe (and the Middle East running somewhere in the middle of the American Night) is what would continue to mimic the intended effect.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum