barn weirdness

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

barn weirdness

Post by Laura Smith »

In my main breeding barn (not a created barn, just the default) I was trying to double check that all the mares i wanted to breed were done:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM ... k5THUxdzVn
this mare I'd recently leased (highlighted) came up with a link to "Alt Breeding" which isn't the name of any of my barns. curious, I clicked the link, and it seemed to bring me to some collection of every unbred mare everywhere? or something? weirdness.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM ... hIMmVRbGJn
since the mare is a million years old and her youngest foal is 16 i expect she hasn't been paid attention to long enough to have been put in a "new barn", so maybe that casued something funny? no big deal, just thought you should know!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: barn weirdness

Post by The Steward »

Since it's a mare that you leased, it's likely she lives in THEIR Alt barn.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The Steward is correct. This is because you leased her today. The "Alt Barn" should disappear tomorrow when the nightly barn cleanup runs. However, I will investigate why it took you to a bogus barn when you clicked on it. That could be improved.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I noticed this earlier in the season.
I leased out some fillies to a new player and when they came back to me they were in a bogus barn named "leased from Pete".

My only guess what that was the name if their custom barn it was housed in all season.

Funny to hear someone else noticed something similar
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Had the same issue with mares returned to me after a lease where they were listed as being in one of the former leasor's alt barns and when I clicked the link I was sent to some page with a bunch of different horses listed.

It is good to know that it will be automatically reset overnight. Also as a heads up if you don't want to wait for that you can manually move the mare back to an alt barn if she should be in one or simply the main barn if you don't want her in any alt barns, though you do need to great an alt barn to be able to move a mare back into the main barn.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*