Managing barns

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Managing barns

Post by Nick Gilmore »

For some reason it won't let me change the columns that are behind the arrow. I'm trying to bring the location up and no matter how few columns I have, location stays hidden and it won't allow me to delete weather or soundness to make room.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Managing barns

Post by The Admin »

I just noticed that too. It is a bug. I am looking for a fix because it's not code that I wrote. The workaround is to manage your barns on a big screen and make it wide enough to see all the checkboxes that you want to change at once. I'll let you know when/if I find a permanent solution.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

For now, I had to modify the Manage Barns page to never hide a column/checkbox. On smaller screens, you will have to scroll to the right to see all the options.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Ok, thanks much!
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

On a managing barns note... I was just super-confused to discover my Alt Barns gone. Was that expiration on my main page somewhere, like SIMperior is, and I missed it, or may I suggest that's added?
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Susie Rydell wrote: 7 years ago On a managing barns note... I was just super-confused to discover my Alt Barns gone. Was that expiration on my main page somewhere, like SIMperior is, and I missed it, or may I suggest that's added?
Its on the Manage Barn page.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Nena Olson wrote: 7 years ago
Susie Rydell wrote: 7 years ago On a managing barns note... I was just super-confused to discover my Alt Barns gone. Was that expiration on my main page somewhere, like SIMperior is, and I missed it, or may I suggest that's added?
Its on the Manage Barn page.
Literally have no reason to ever go there once barns are set up... would be much more helpful on the main page.
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Post by Robbie Dee »

In the breeding barns, shouldn't there be a column after "info" telling us whether they have already bred or not ?

Surely that's one of the most important columns in the breeding barns but right now I need to click on every horse to check whether it has already bred.
some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Robbie Dee wrote: 7 years ago In the breeding barns, shouldn't there be a column after "info" telling us whether they have already bred or not ?

Surely that's one of the most important columns in the breeding barns but right now I need to click on every horse to check whether it has already bred.
Robbie, if you go to status, you can sort by bred or unbred mares, so only those mares show up in the sort. Hope that helps!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Robbie Dee wrote: 7 years ago In the breeding barns, shouldn't there be a column after "info" telling us whether they have already bred or not ?

It is after the info column.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Post by Robbie Dee »

Thanks Laura - I never even thought about sorting by status - I only tended to use status in my racing barns.

Cheers.

Nena - That "bred" column shows up in my chase breeding barn but not in my flat breeding barn, and both barns are set up exactly the same.
some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue