Random Injuries and Insurance Claims

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Random Injuries and Insurance Claims

Post by Tom Lin »

I've already had my two random injuries this year. It has said so in my notes for awhile. Since then I have had two insurance claims. Does this make sense. If I wasn't going to have more than two injuries why would I need insurance claims. Perhaps these "extra" injuries could count as next year's ;)
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Random Injuries and Insurance Claims

Post by Cleo Patra »

Insurance claims are just the injury code realising that it can’t hit you because the horse in question is insured OR you’ve had your two injuries. The code keeps running until it has injured a set number of horses per year. So 200 horses will definitely get injured but there could be 500, 2000 or 5000 insurance claims while it finds its way to that number. So it doesn’t matter if you’ve already met your limit. Make sense?
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I believe the code is set up so that it first checks to see if the horse is insured. If it is, you get the insurance claim. It then checks to see if you have had your two injuries, in which case, I don't think you get any message (but you also don't get any injury, either). I think the point of the code being in this order was to help show the benefit of buying insurance.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Thanks Cleo and Laura. I thought maybe the game was picking on me. :)
Mark Markson
Sprinter

Post by Mark Markson »

This is an interesting thread - I had assumed an insurance claim counted as an injury (where the claim just negated your injury). Had an injury last month and an insurance claim two days ago so I figured I was in the clear to start breeding like crazy (uh, horses, not people, *turns off Marvin Gaye*). Turns out I was wrong as I woke up this morning to an injured, pensioned mare... oh well, mental note taken for future SIM years. Besides, the injury cost me $5K but I had’t yet spent the $10K on the BSA, so did I actually come out ahead on this deal?!? Given my luck with BSA’s, probably... ;)