Rest/vetting: strange things

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Rest/vetting: strange things

Post by Danny Derby »

Admin -I'm only seeing this thread now. Is it possible horses can end up "over-rested" because of this glitch?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Admin wrote: 5 years ago Thank you for the specific examples you've provided. It is very helpful.
One note: During the break, if you don't do any activities (like gallop), your horses stay at a constant amount of tiredness (or rested-ness). If, during break, you Vet your horse today, and again tomorrow without doing any activities, the Vet will report the same amount of rest - it's not one day more rested because time isn't passing. Another way to say it is the Vet is telling you how rested the horse will be on Week 1.

However, it appears that the rest calculations didn't work correctly at the end of the year. All the logs and simulated tests show that the right operations happened, but your example horses show that they didn't. In other words, your horses are more rested than they should be. It's too risky for us to try to manipulate this now that we are in the break, so consider it a 'gift' that your horses got magic rest. Whatever the Vet says is correct.

We will run more simulated tests and we will monitor it very closely at the end of this new year. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The only problem is I had 2yo on a specific schedule and now many of them were not fit for there week 2 debuts.

Not a gift for me :(
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago
The Admin wrote: 5 years ago Thank you for the specific examples you've provided. It is very helpful.
One note: During the break, if you don't do any activities (like gallop), your horses stay at a constant amount of tiredness (or rested-ness). If, during break, you Vet your horse today, and again tomorrow without doing any activities, the Vet will report the same amount of rest - it's not one day more rested because time isn't passing. Another way to say it is the Vet is telling you how rested the horse will be on Week 1.

However, it appears that the rest calculations didn't work correctly at the end of the year. All the logs and simulated tests show that the right operations happened, but your example horses show that they didn't. In other words, your horses are more rested than they should be. It's too risky for us to try to manipulate this now that we are in the break, so consider it a 'gift' that your horses got magic rest. Whatever the Vet says is correct.

We will run more simulated tests and we will monitor it very closely at the end of this new year. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The only problem is I had 2yo on a specific schedule and now many of them were not fit for there week 2 debuts.

Not a gift for me :(
I wouldn't think that a little extra rest would knock them down that much in fitness?
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago Admin -I'm only seeing this thread now. Is it possible horses can end up "over-rested" because of this glitch?
Bump, is it possible to get an answer on this?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Over-resting isn't a thing. Fitness and rest/tiredness go hand in hand but they aren't the same thing. In the SIM you are either tired, or you are rested. It's not like you are Plus 99 Rested. You're just rested.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago Over-resting isn't a thing. Fitness and rest/tiredness go hand in hand but they aren't the same thing. In the SIM you are either tired, or you are rested. It's not like you are Plus 99 Rested. You're just rested.
So over-rested isn't the same thing as losing fitness then? Good tidbit!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago Over-resting isn't a thing. Fitness and rest/tiredness go hand in hand but they aren't the same thing. In the SIM you are either tired, or you are rested. It's not like you are Plus 99 Rested. You're just rested.
That’s really good to know, thank you for this info! And thanks Danny for asking, great question!