Rest/vetting: strange things

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Rest/vetting: strange things

Post by Laura Smith »

A few of us in chat noticed that horses who just raced W16 D4/5 are vetting perfectly. A couple horses that ran W16D4 vetted great, were given every possible exercise and still didn't injure. Was there a glitch in rest this break, perchance?

Thanks for everything you guys do!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Rest/vetting: strange things

Post by Regina Moore »

Me and another player noticed this at the beginning of last year -- that those that ran Week 16 Wednesday or before were fully rested for Week 1.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago A few of us in chat noticed that horses who just raced W16 D4/5 are vetting perfectly. A couple horses that ran W16D4 vetted great, were given every possible exercise and still didn't injure. Was there a glitch in rest this break, perchance?

Thanks for everything you guys do!
Please give 2 examples so we can investigate. Also, can you find examples where the horses are not rested?
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Raced SC Thursday, vetted today:
Y52-Preseason Vet: There are currently no physical problems that I can see with Darkdesperatehours. This horse is at its peak, it would seem, energy wise, so go ahead and race it!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=993138

Also this:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=979705
Ran w16d4, vetted fine, then I did every possible exercise. He vets tired now, but I'd expect a horse to break if I did all that stuff like three days after a race...

Also vetted a couple yearlings who vetted perfect right after a gallop.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

This is really unusual, isn't it?! After gallops and jogs, the horses are really rested? I've galloped and jogged some of them trying to get equipment, etc, and they're all okay after the exercises.
I went ahead and entered some of them for next week's races which I might not have done in years past, but I'm assuming it's okay?
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Thank you for the specific examples you've provided. It is very helpful.
One note: During the break, if you don't do any activities (like gallop), your horses stay at a constant amount of tiredness (or rested-ness). If, during break, you Vet your horse today, and again tomorrow without doing any activities, the Vet will report the same amount of rest - it's not one day more rested because time isn't passing. Another way to say it is the Vet is telling you how rested the horse will be on Week 1.

However, it appears that the rest calculations didn't work correctly at the end of the year. All the logs and simulated tests show that the right operations happened, but your example horses show that they didn't. In other words, your horses are more rested than they should be. It's too risky for us to try to manipulate this now that we are in the break, so consider it a 'gift' that your horses got magic rest. Whatever the Vet says is correct.

We will run more simulated tests and we will monitor it very closely at the end of this new year. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

The Admin wrote: 5 years ago Thank you for the specific examples you've provided. It is very helpful.
One note: During the break, if you don't do any activities (like gallop), your horses stay at a constant amount of tiredness (or rested-ness). If, during break, you Vet your horse today, and again tomorrow without doing any activities, the Vet will report the same amount of rest - it's not one day more rested because time isn't passing. Another way to say it is the Vet is telling you how rested the horse will be on Week 1.

However, it appears that the rest calculations didn't work correctly at the end of the year. All the logs and simulated tests show that the right operations happened, but your example horses show that they didn't. In other words, your horses are more rested than they should be. It's too risky for us to try to manipulate this now that we are in the break, so consider it a 'gift' that your horses got magic rest. Whatever the Vet says is correct.

We will run more simulated tests and we will monitor it very closely at the end of this new year. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for letting us know! And double thank you for the 'gift'! :D
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

This has messed me up so much :shock: now I have no idea what do to with my horses, do I gallop them W1 to keep them fit and stick with my plans? Start of Something is completely rested after running 51.16.4 do I run her week 1?! Do I just continue on like normal?! My whole life is a lie haha
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Same for me Rochelle, now I don't know whether horses like King of Ashes should get a gallop or workout or something? I'm afraid he won't be fit enough for the Pegasus now but I can't know for sure
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

In theory - since the game was in a 'pause' then fitness shouldn't have been lost over the break. With the rest issue, I don't know if that's the case or not. But.. Keep in mind, everyone is in the same boat. :)
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 5 years ago In theory - since the game was in a 'pause' then fitness shouldn't have been lost over the break. With the rest issue, I don't know if that's the case or not. But.. Keep in mind, everyone is in the same boat. :)
Whoops! Didn’t mean for the second one to be fit! Fixed XD

But yeah, everyone is for sure in the same boat! I’ve had it beaten into my head since I started that break doesn’t count for rest, so it’s really hard to wrap
My head around running a horse W16 and then W1 😂

But I got “Y52-Preseason Vet: Start of Something's legs look fine for now. This horse looks absolutely fine to me!” So why not right? :oops:
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 5 years ago In theory - since the game was in a 'pause' then fitness shouldn't have been lost over the break. With the rest issue, I don't know if that's the case or not. But.. Keep in mind, everyone is in the same boat. :)
Whoops! Didn’t mean for the second one to be fit! Fixed XD

But yeah, everyone is for sure in the same boat! I’ve had it beaten into my head since I started that break doesn’t count for rest, so it’s really hard to wrap
My head around running a horse W16 and then W1 😂

But I got “Y52-Preseason Vet: Start of Something's legs look fine for now. This horse looks absolutely fine to me!” So why not right? :oops:
Right!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Technically yes but if we specifically use the Pegasus Turf as an example, Deputy Governor who raced week 16 will have now accumulated more rest than he would have without the bug so what I’m saying is my only way to compete against him is gone now :P
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Good to know. Thanks for looking into this!

I'm not sure that I'm going to change any of my plans, tbh. I like to use this time of year for a bit of extra rest anyway, so I'll take it even if it was by accident :)