Can't reserve name

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Can't reserve name

Post by Kent Saunders »

I pensioned "Secretintelligence" and wanted to reserve the name. The option was available but it errors out that the name is already in use and can't be reserved. He is the only one of this name, there are no I-II or more versions
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Can't reserve name

Post by Lori Hamill »

Is he still alive?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

If the name it too long to fit a “ I” then it won’t work and you just have to message Em to release it for you :)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

You’d need to release the name before you can reserve it.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Unless something has changed, I'm not doing anything that I haven't done a hundred times before. I click on the link that says "Release This name for resuse" then below check the box to pay GP's and hit the button that says "Release Name" and It tells me I can't because the name is already used. I even tried to do it without checking the GP box. What seems to be happening is the system is not moving the name on the existing horse to Secretintelligence I before assigning the name to Reserved
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

You have to contact The Steward to release it because you can't have names be longer than 18 letters and Secretintelligence I is 20 characters so the system says NO.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Kent Saunders wrote: 5 years ago I pensioned "Secretintelligence" and wanted to reserve the name. The option was available but it errors out that the name is already in use and can't be reserved. He is the only one of this name, there are no I-II or more versions
In your original post, you talked about 'reserving' but not about 'releasing' so I mis-diagnosed the issue you were having. I'm sure that Nena's diagnosis is correct. Contact the Steward for this specific case.