Chat Issue

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Chat Issue

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

When I click on the bubble beside a player's name to try and open a private chat, the bubble isn't responding.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Chat Issue

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I figured this out! The chat window opens up off the screen, I had to change my zoom to 20% to find mine! :oops:
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago I figured this out! The chat window opens up off the screen, I had to change my zoom to 20% to find mine! :oops:
Oh wow, that's crazy! Thanks! I found the window at 50% lol
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I hope that once you find it and reposition it, it will remember it’s location so you don’t have to change your view percent again. Let us know.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

There are a couple things about the chat that I have issues with. One is having someone try to PM me but it doesn't show up in chat but does in the other Sim tabs I have open. Also, the chat bubble that is on each page has a random number in it. Shouldn't it be how many people are in chat? Because I have no idea what that number means if not. lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The number in the chat bubble is the number of people who are currently surfing the SIM site and have "Access the SIM Chatroom from all pages" turned on. When you click on the bubble, you will see the list of people who you could PM.

I'm not familiar with what you said about PMs not showing up. When I was testing, PMs showed up for me. But I haven't tried for a while. Do other people have issues with PMs not showing up?
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

The Admin wrote: 5 years ago I hope that once you find it and reposition it, it will remember it’s location so you don’t have to change your view percent again. Let us know.
Still having the same issue :/ I even closed a chat I had with someone last night before going to bed, I reopened it this morning, and had to zoom out to find it.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Having the chat PMs on every tab of the Sim you have open is super annoying. Esp when you are trying to work/enter horses.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Louise Bayou wrote: 5 years ago Having the chat PMs on every tab of the Sim you have open is super annoying. Esp when you are trying to work/enter horses.
You can turn them off in your game settings :) <3

(PS it would be super awesome if the default was to off so the joining/leaving chat bloops were for when people actually join/leave :P)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 5 years ago Having the chat PMs on every tab of the Sim you have open is super annoying. Esp when you are trying to work/enter horses.
You can turn them off in your game settings :) <3

(PS it would be super awesome if the default was to off so the joining/leaving chat bloops were for when people actually join/leave :P)
I understand that but if I'm in chat and talking to someone via PM and I also want to do Sim work in another tab I can't turn it off. Also I don't get a chat pop up on the actual chat page. They come up in the other Sim chat tabs I have open.. ALL of them just not the actual dang chat page.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The Admin wrote: 5 years ago I hope that once you find it and reposition it, it will remember it’s location so you don’t have to change your view percent again. Let us know.
Just an update that on a laptop browser (not tablet or phone) last night I opened the chat room for the racecalls and I had a PM window randomly go way over to the side almost out of view and I, too, had to open and resize everything. I hadn't had this problem before.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG