New Track Issue

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

New Track Issue

Post by Kent Saunders »

I cannot create a race for the new track Parc Ratatouille. Waffle Track (same area/TZ) comes up but not the new track. I'm guessing it was not added as an option
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: New Track Issue

Post by Regina Moore »

I ran into this same problem with a player-owned track last season and was told that only the owning player can create races for their track.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Thanks Regina, sounds like a lousy rule IMO. Several of us got together to create the Track with the idea of supplementing the stakes schedule.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You can always transfer the GPs or SIM money (either through me or means in the game) to the person who bought the track/owns the track, and have them sponsor as many races as they like there. But you have to understand it works both ways; some people bought their track and don't want any old SIMster to sponsor races there too, hence it not being a lousy rule but a respectful one to the person who paid all the GPs.

Maybe we could look into making them "open for sponsoring" with a click button?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Opening for sponsoring would be great! :) I can't see any downside to more stakesraces... ;)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago You can always transfer the GPs or SIM money (either through me or means in the game) to the person who bought the track/owns the track, and have them sponsor as many races as they like there. But you have to understand it works both ways; some people bought their track and don't want any old SIMster to sponsor races there too, hence it not being a lousy rule but a respectful one to the person who paid all the GPs.

Maybe we could look into making them "open for sponsoring" with a click button?
Having options is always a good idea :)
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

Opening for sponsoring would be great.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I bet it's easy (he hates when I say that).... I'll poke the Admin. Otherwise it would have to wait for 8.0 with other new releases.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago I bet it's easy
Famous last words. ;)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'll post on the main page too but I've already had feedback on both sides - some who want exclusive tracks and some who want them open for sponsoring, so please message me if you own a track and we will set it in the database to be how you want it (open v. closed).
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Thanks Em! :)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser