stud listing

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

stud listing

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Cream of San P was given to me by Glenn Larson. He had already paid the $50,000 to list him as a stud and even hypoed him to a mare. I recently started using him on mares and had to fork out $50,000 to get him listed as a stud. I thought this was a one time fee?
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: stud listing

Post by The Admin »

In the horse history, it shows every time the stud fee is set or changed. It has only been set once a few days ago. I don't think the previous owner ever set the stud fee so they never paid the one-time $50,000. Let us know if you have data that conflicts with that assessment.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

I understand that but I thought you could not hypomate without the stud having a fee set?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Craig,

I responded to your email a few days ago with such:

Hey Craig,

Glenn never paid the $50k to stand him. You can hypo without paying it. That’s why you had to pay it. Hope that helps!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Okay that explains it and thanks. Thank you for the explanation.

PS I have a bad habit of not checking my emails.