Chaser gallop comments

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Chaser gallop comments

Post by Rachel Sadler »

I was wondering when the gallop comments for chasers was going to be revised?

The horses that changed gallops from chase stakes as 2yr olds to chase freaks as 3 year olds, are clearly not freaks at all. This makes it extremely hard to enter when you have to keep going to look at the horses history to find out if it is a true freak or a freak created by the change in data for the new gallop comment.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Chaser gallop comments

Post by The Steward »

During the Week 9 gallop change they will be adjusted. I know a few people have asked this question so it's good for it to be on the forum too.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago During the Week 9 gallop change they will be adjusted. I know a few people have asked this question so it's good for it to be on the forum too.
Is there a reason we have to wait till week 9. Waiting 9 weeks for a error to be fixed seems a bit extreme.

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago During the Week 9 gallop change they will be adjusted. I know a few people have asked this question so it's good for it to be on the forum too.
Is there a reason we have to wait till week 9. Waiting 9 weeks for a error to be fixed seems a bit extreme.
Yes, that's when gallop updates happen (Week 9 and between Week 16 and Week 1).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

But this is an error fix not a gallop update. This means we will have to check every single horse to see if the gallop change is due to a "normal" week 9 gallop change or to fix the error and even then we might not be 100% certain.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Once you start running a horse you should run it based on ability, not its gallop comment, you’ll really only have a race or two where you’d run them in the wrong spot. Things like this can be frustrating but it is a game and the Steward and the Admin do their best, sometimes you just have to be patient.
yeah
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago But this is an error fix not a gallop update. This means we will have to check every single horse to see if the gallop change is due to a "normal" week 9 gallop change or to fix the error and even then we might not be 100% certain.
I don't think that's true. Because we update all the gallop comments for you, the ones that change when you re-gallop on your own would be the ones that change. So you log in that morning, the gallops are all set differently. One you want to regallop for training purposes/curiosity (I know not everyone can stop the race program they are on to gallop mid year) that change are the ones who change due to improving/going backwards. I could understand your concern if you think we would put up their new gallops *after* the change, but that's not the plan. It all happens in the same few hour span.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago Once you start running a horse you should run it based on ability, not its gallop comment, you’ll really only have a race or two where you’d run them in the wrong spot. Things like this can be frustrating but it is a game and the Steward and the Admin do their best, sometimes you just have to be patient.
I've said often in the forums that we should not rely on gallop ratings once a horse has raced but for 3yo chasers that have yet to run it is all we have to go on.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago Once you start running a horse you should run it based on ability, not its gallop comment, you’ll really only have a race or two where you’d run them in the wrong spot. Things like this can be frustrating but it is a game and the Steward and the Admin do their best, sometimes you just have to be patient.
Dylan! thanks for your input, but as usual way off track :) Your reply has nothing to do with my question on when gallop comments will be fixed, due to an error that occurred when the new chaser gallop comment of chaser claimer was implemented at the beginning of the year. Being patient has nothing to do with this. Frustrated, yes! Because this sort of error happens quite often with chasers.

Chaser players who have been here longer then 5 minutes have a reason to be unhappy.
Every SIM year, for the past 3 or 4 years and even before that, changes have occurred with chasers. We have either had our broodmares bloodstock comments downgraded, then when there was upset over million dollar mares being only some potentials (even though they produced the same foals as a brilliant) the comment was changed back.
Race horses have had a speed figure change, that had to be adjusted back and now 2 and 3 yr old chasers, who were at there proper level at the end of last year, have now been put into the category of freak when they clearly are not. So asking when an error will be fixed really has nothing to do with my patience, of which I have more then most.

Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago But this is an error fix not a gallop update. This means we will have to check every single horse to see if the gallop change is due to a "normal" week 9 gallop change or to fix the error and even then we might not be 100% certain.
I don't think that's true. Because we update all the gallop comments for you, the ones that change when you re-gallop on your own would be the ones that change. So you log in that morning, the gallops are all set differently. One you want to regallop for training purposes/curiosity (I know not everyone can stop the race program they are on to gallop mid year) that change are the ones who change due to improving/going backwards. I could understand your concern if you think we would put up their new gallops *after* the change, but that's not the plan. It all happens in the same few hour span.
So just to clarify , will the stakes gallop chasers that turned freak at the beginning of the year go back to stakes level again, and will this include our 2yr olds?

Will the gallop numbers be adjusted behind the scenes so this wont happen again? or will we have inflated freaks that are really stakes.

thanks

Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Sounds like we will find out week 9 :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
So just to clarify , will the stakes gallop chasers that turned freak at the beginning of the year go back to stakes level again, and will this include our 2yr olds?

Will the gallop numbers be adjusted behind the scenes so this wont happen again? or will we have inflated freaks that are really stakes.

thanks
Yes it will include 2 year olds and yearlings, but I can't guarantee that ALL stakes gallopers that turned freak will go back to being stakes, because some of them might have actually moved up to freak in the interim of the first 8 weeks of this year.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I havent noticed anything strange with my 2 and 3 year old chasers (I havent really kept track of them yet)
The big change for me was that some of my elder chase stakes (who used to be freaks) became freaks again at the start of Y54. (3 eight year olds, 2 seven year olds and 10 six year olds). They dont seem to run better than at Y53, so I wonder if they are affected too and will become stakes again at Week9.
There has been so many changes that I was suspicious on them being true freaks, but it looks good when I open my racing barn to see all chase freaks again.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...