Mobile Phone Issue

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Mobile Phone Issue

Post by Kenneth Prater »

My notifications in my settings will not forward to my phone.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Mobile Phone Issue

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I noticed this as well the last couple days. I usually receive messages 1 hr before auction ends, when I win horses at auction, when I receive a private some message.

All of these events have happened multiple times the last 2-3 days. Last text I received from the sim was Saturday.

Is the cell phone text message notification not working?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Anthony L Carder
Miler

Post by Anthony L Carder »

Same here. I was under the assumption that the notifications were shut off during the break
000 ALC Ranch~conveniently located next to Cimarron Park~

Haven's Cab-Appy Sprinter-$5,000
Alc Shark On Fire-TB DS-$12,500
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Kenneth Prater and Anthony L Carder, I will send you each an in-game private message which looks like it should forward to your phone. Let me know if it works.

Pete, it appears that your messaging is waiting for you to enter a confirmation code. When you set up notifications, it tries to send a test message with a code in it. Then, you enter that code in your settings area. If you don't have the confirmation code, I think you have to remove the number and re-add it to resend the confirmation code.

Side note, all 3 of you use the same cell carrier. I wonder if they have having trouble with their email-to-text gateway. You can do your own test by sending an email to your10digitPhoneNumber@vtext.com.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

I also am no longer receiving messages to my phone. The issue just started over the weekend.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Admin wrote: 4 years ago Kenneth Prater and Anthony L Carder, I will send you each an in-game private message which looks like it should forward to your phone. Let me know if it works.

Pete, it appears that your messaging is waiting for you to enter a confirmation code. When you set up notifications, it tries to send a test message with a code in it. Then, you enter that code in your settings area. If you don't have the confirmation code, I think you have to remove the number and re-add it to resend the confirmation code.

Side note, all 3 of you use the same cell carrier. I wonder if they have having trouble with their email-to-text gateway. You can do your own test by sending an email to your10digitPhoneNumber@vtext.com.
Actually the reason you are thinking I am waiting on a code is because I did remove my number and then re-add it in an effort to trouble shoot it myself.
The code is not being sent to my phone which seems to correspond with the original problem that caused me to remove my number in the 1st place.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I did the test email and it showed up as a text message on my phone.
Still not receive anything from the sim though.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago I did the test email and it showed up as a text message on my phone.
Still not receive anything from the sim though.
I made a small change. Could you try again please?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

i had someone send me a Private message, nothing hit my phone, but message appeared in my sim inbox.
I tried the email, message hit my phone, but nothing in my sim inbox.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

any updates on the potential fix?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Here is the problem. The SIM is successfully sending the message to your phone carrier. The phone is telling us that the message is accepted for delivery successfully. But, they (Sprint and Verizon), must be deciding that there is something spam-like in our message so they quietly swallow it up and don't deliver it. No errors, just no delivery. So the problem is on their end for not following best practices for email message handling. However, they are big and we are small, so they aren't likely to work with us. I found many posts on the Internet about other people having this same problem. There were some things to try, but no concrete solutions.

The fact that this has been working for so many years and then just stopped points to a policy change at the carriers.

AllI can think to do is some trial-and-error to see if I can make the messages (the behind-the-scenes headers) look more like coming from a human rather than from an automated system. I can't promise anything. As time permits and if you are willing, I may send you test messages to see if they get through. FYI, I use AT&T and those messages are still working.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

The Admin wrote: 4 years ago Here is the problem. The SIM is successfully sending the message to your phone carrier. The phone is telling us that the message is accepted for delivery successfully. But, they (Sprint and Verizon), must be deciding that there is something spam-like in our message so they quietly swallow it up and don't deliver it. No errors, just no delivery. So the problem is on their end for not following best practices for email message handling. However, they are big and we are small, so they aren't likely to work with us. I found many posts on the Internet about other people having this same problem. There were some things to try, but no concrete solutions.

The fact that this has been working for so many years and then just stopped points to a policy change at the carriers.

AllI can think to do is some trial-and-error to see if I can make the messages (the behind-the-scenes headers) look more like coming from a human rather than from an automated system. I can't promise anything. As time permits and if you are willing, I may send you test messages to see if they get through. FYI, I use AT&T and those messages are still working.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your efforts. I guess I can just have my notifications sent to my email account. It would be about the same anyway.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

It may not do much, but anyone who isn't receiving messages that use to, could try to contact their carrier to see if they can get more info.

I would, but I don't use those carriers.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Just spent an hour on the phone with verizon, was cut off before we finished, but it sounds like they finally cut the sim off.

I pulled this from there website:
“ Re: vtext.com not working
vzw_customer_support
Community Manager vzw_customer_support
Community Manager
‎03-11-2017 07:27 AM
tstm Vtext is no longer to be used for sending large volumes of messages. We offer Verizon Messages and Enterprise messaging (for business) if you need to send group messages. Please refer to the links below for our current text messaging options:

(Verizon Messages)

(Enterprise Messages)

Please let us know how we can further assist you.

SheritaH_VZW”
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Just spent an hour on the phone with verizon, was cut off before we finished, but it sounds like they finally cut the sim off.

I pulled this from there website:
“ Re: vtext.com not working
vzw_customer_support
Community Manager vzw_customer_support
Community Manager
‎03-11-2017 07:27 AM
tstm Vtext is no longer to be used for sending large volumes of messages. We offer Verizon Messages and Enterprise messaging (for business) if you need to send group messages. Please refer to the links below for our current text messaging options:

(Verizon Messages)

(Enterprise Messages)

Please let us know how we can further assist you.

SheritaH_VZW”
Oh well. I can't say I will change carriers but Verizon has disappointed me in this instance.