Text Message Alerts

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Check all that apply to you regarding SIM alerts sent via text messages:

Poll ended at 4 years ago

I want to get SIM alerts via text message
24%
I have SIM Text Messages enabled and it works
8%
I have SIM Text Messages enabled and it never worked
No votes
I have SIM Text Messages enabled and it used to work but it stopped working
20%
I would be willing to pay a fair Game Point price to have reliable Text Messages alerts from the SIM
4%
I have alerts sent to my email, and don't need text messages
16%
I am not interested in SIM text messages
28%

Total votes: 25

The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Text Message Alerts

Post by The Admin »

As have been discussed recently, it seems that Verizon and Sprint are not reliably delivering alerts from the SIM to cell phones as text messages. The system we use is we send an email to special addresses published by the cell carriers. For example, cellnumber@vtext.com. This is free to send just like sending any email. There is a different way to send text messages using a text message gateway. This would be more reliable, and would support more cell carriers, and probably more international carriers. But, this would not be free.

Please answer the questions in the poll and post any thoughts you have.

Thank you.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Text Message Alerts

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I like to have the game text me when I win a horse in an auction, but I haven’t won one in a while, not sure if it stopped working for me.

The last one I got was January 31st, which I guess means “a while” in Rochelle time means 9 days lol

I love the feature, but I likely wouldn’t pay game points for it, I would be sad if it went away/that way.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I just have push notifications on my phone for e-mails so I've never set up texts.

I use a discount carrier right now and text messages are unreliable anyway. So I've never tried to use it.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

I have always enjoyed the text for race results and auction notifications.
I let my simperior status expire for 24 hrs or so, but then renewed it (either the 6th or close to that day). Since then I have not received any texts, including today's race results. I went back and unchecked then rechecked the boxes foe the alerts I want, hoping that will reset it. Definitely not a feature I want to lose!

ETA : I just saw the other post about this not working. I have Verizon and for various other reasons have been lately considering a switch to AT&T....this might just push me over the edge ;) I need my SIM alerts!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Random text issue I had today... I have someone blocked from sending me PMs. But today I got a text with a PM from this person. I thought it was weird since I knew I had him blocked. Checked my Sim PMs and no message.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder