"Mass" training with stable pony not working?

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

"Mass" training with stable pony not working?

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I was so certain I could previously train my horses with their respective stable ponies at the same time (regardless of where they stayed at the time - as long as they shared a home with one of my stable ponies). Now it seems I can only train them at the same time if they live at the same farm. Is this working as intended? (Or am I remembering things wrong?)

I can train these two with stable pony at the same time:
Horse
Horse

but not these two:
Sad horse
Sad horse

I may train all three horses using a stable pony from their own respective pages.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: "Mass" training with stable pony not working?

Post by Laura Ferguson »

The selected stable pony has to be at the same farm as the horses you are training. Hope that helps!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

What do you mean, Laura? You can't select a stable pony when the option to train with a stable pony is greyed out to begin with.
All the horses I linked above are staying at farms with stable ponies. The "sad horses" just happen to stay at different farms with different stable ponies.
As mentioned I am quite certain I was previously able to train as many horses with stable ponies as I wanted as long as they stayed at the same farm as one of my stable ponies. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore as I need to bring them to the assistant trainer in several groups depending on where they are standing.

I am fairly certain I used to mass-train my yearlings with a stable pony, spread out over 12 different farms (and 12 different stable ponies) over the world. I can't recall having run into this problem before. :?
Karazhan, Deshaan
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

That I can't help with - I've never tried to mass train across different farms with a stable pony.

Edited to add - thought? If you have more than one stable pony at the farm, when you go to select train with pony, you have to pick the pony you are training with. Perhaps in the past you only had one pony per farm, and now at one of the farms, you have more than one and that's throwing things off?
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

For your edited thought - I double-checked but I haven't mistakenly added more than one stable pony to each farm.
Thank you for getting back to me. I still worry my memory is playing tricks on me.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I could be remembering incorrectly myself but I'm pretty sure we were never able to mass train horses with ponies at different farms as you don't have the option to select a stable pony for each horse individually but rather have to pick one for the whole group you're bringing to train. I am pretty sure I've always done it by farm.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

To mass-train with a pony, all the selected horses have to be at a single location and there has to be one or more ponies at that location. Then you are able to select which pony to train with.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Thank you!
Karazhan, Deshaan