Subject Title - annoying but not really a problem...

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Subject Title - annoying but not really a problem...

Post by Stormy Peak »

For some reason, here on the forum and in the game's PM. When I got to fill in the subject line for the title... I get a large Red block of color right under the field-box, as soon as I click onto the field.
As I type a title, the large red block reduces in size and will go away after about 3 or 4 character are typed in.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm using Chrome and I also did a restart this morning as I haven't done one in 3 or 4 days.
The red block doesn't seem to be interfering with posting or anything, but it's weird and a tiny bit annoying.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Subject Title - annoying but not really a problem...

Post by Stormy Peak »

In case anyone else has encountered this problem, I finally found some information about it:

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/48582036?hl=en

However, I still haven't seen a fix...I'm still getting a solid block of red underneath search input areas, rather than a block with white background, and black text, that shows prior, or suggested searches.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago In case anyone else has encountered this problem, I finally found some information about it:

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/48582036?hl=en

However, I still haven't seen a fix...I'm still getting a solid block of red underneath search input areas, rather than a block with white background, and black text, that shows prior, or suggested searches.

Stormy
Thanks for linking that article. The "recommended Answer" says that the next version of Chrome will have it fixed. I am on version 83 of Chrome and it says version 84 will have it fixed. I didn't try to read when that would come out. But they seem to release pretty regularly.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've been getting those red blocks on all search boxes, not just the one in the game.

I learned I can hover my mouse down the red 'suggestions' block and any suggestions will appear in the search box - but it's a lot easier just to see the list...lol. I hope it is eventually figured out by the Chrome techs.

There is also a temporary fix. Pressing Alt, Shift, Print Screen will turn off the high contrast and allow you to see the list, but I also found it takes away my desktop wall-paper -- a photo of my dog HaHa.
The wall paper comes back if the high contrast is turned back on by pressing the same buttons...but it's kind of a pain in the butt too to switch back and forth for just a search. Comes in handy if one is doing a series of searches though.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000