Easy Q re barn mgt ?

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Easy Q re barn mgt ?

Post by LA Pepper »

Hopefully this is an easy Q for you. I recently added extra barn and am not sure what Im doing wrong, but I cannot figure out how to move horses out of my racing barn (or others) and into my new For Sale barn. I somehow acquired a new 'alternate racing barn ' and I can move horses to there and mistkenly did just that, but I dont even need an alt racing barn.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Easy Q re barn mgt ?

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Hi Pepper,
there are two ways:

1) You can do it individually on the horses page scroll down towards the bottom of the horse action section. Right above the area for Enable Catalog is a section that says "Manage Custom Barns". You can simply change to another barn name and then hit "set".

2) You can do it in bulk on your racing barn page. Just select multiple horses and then under the "horse action" tab in the middle top of the barn page use the drop down and there are options that say "move selected horses to mt "Soandso" barn.

Hope that helps.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Doesnt seem to .
My racing barn 'horse action' drop down list only gives me 'copy to alt racing barn' and 'copy to main racing'. (along with the usual choices)
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago Hopefully this is an easy Q for you. I recently added extra barn and am not sure what Im doing wrong, but I cannot figure out how to move horses out of my racing barn (or others) and into my new For Sale barn. I somehow acquired a new 'alternate racing barn ' and I can move horses to there and mistkenly did just that, but I dont even need an alt racing barn.
The "For Sale" barn you created is a "Breeding" type barn. So you cannot move horses from a racing barn to a breeding barn.

Let us know if that answers your question or if you have others.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

yes that nswers the Q.
But now, is it possible to remove horses that are put in my 'for sale, racing' barns from my original racing barn. Ie, so they only show up in the one barn full of sale horses.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago yes that nswers the Q.
But now, is it possible to remove horses that are put in my 'for sale, racing' barns from my original racing barn. Ie, so they only show up in the one barn full of sale horses.
The original Racing Barn will always have all your race horses in it. If sound like you'd like to manually organize two racing barns. You could copy all your racing barn horses to your Alt Racing Barn. Then you could move some of those horses from Alt Racing Barn to For Sale barn.

Other players may have a better idea of how to manage as you desire.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The Admin wrote: 3 years ago
Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago yes that nswers the Q.
The original Racing Barn will always have all your race horses in it. If sound like you'd like to manually organize two racing barns. You could copy all your racing barn horses to your Alt Racing Barn. Then you could move some of those horses from Alt Racing Barn to For Sale barn.

Other players may have a better idea of how to manage as you desire.
That's basically what I do. I have a "actively racing barn" which is where I keep all the horses I am actively racing and then other racing barns for other things (horses, I'm waiting to improve, 2yos not ready to race, etc). I don't really use the original racing barn as it contains everyone and there is no easy way to sort out a subpopulation.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

oh thats what im missing - TU! I''ll just archive my original race barn. I have horses I dont want to pension in case someone will buy them. BTW everyone - I selll horses at prices I think you can make back AND earn money on.