Prolem with "bred" sorting on stalliions page

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Prolem with "bred" sorting on stalliions page

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Something wonky seems to be happening with the sorting of the bred column on the stallions page

If I press the button so it is sorting from low to high I get the following

"131, 129, 97, 178, 144, 111, 110, 103, 99, 77, 45....0, 26, 18, 14, 1, booked full"

It seems completely random with no pattern. Interestingly I start going by division the turf milers which is where I have the smallest number of stallions sort perfectly (albeit in reverse order from how they should be sorting) but my 2 paint divisions are all over the place. Tried calculating % bred to see if that is how it's sorting but that seems completely random too.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Prolem with "bred" sorting on stalliions page

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I figured it out. This is sorted by the number of available spaces left. Basically, the left number is subtracted from the right number, and then it is ranked from there. So, if you look at Son of A Paint, the ranking is treating him as having 23 spots left (97/120), and then Hey Brother has 32 spots left (178/210). So that's why the 97 goes ahead of the 178. It looks weird, but it's really trying to measure remaining availability.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Prolem with "bred" sorting on stalliions page

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago I figured it out. This is sorted by the number of available spaces left. Basically, the left number is subtracted from the right number, and then it is ranked from there. So, if you look at Son of A Paint, the ranking is treating him as having 23 spots left (97/120), and then Hey Brother has 32 spots left (178/210). So that's why the 97 goes ahead of the 178. It looks weird, but it's really trying to measure remaining availability.
Thanks!!! That does make sense as a way to sort and explains the craziness
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*