Unable to submit article

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Unable to submit article

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I click submit, pops up an Error message. Not sure if it's a site issue or if there's a hidden word count cap I'm breaking?
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Unable to submit article

Post by The Admin »

I’m sorry it’s not working for you. Can you tell me the exact error message you see? We’ll get this figured out.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I waffled about posting in the forum, considering the message content, but I figured if others were having a similar issue then maybe a forum post is better. Apologies if I'm clogging things for ya.
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Ah, now I see. You were right. The submit article page let you put in unlimited length, but the storage has a limit which was causing the error. I added the limit to the submit page so you shouldn't get the error again. However, you will need to shorten your article a little bit.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for letting us know.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Thank you! As a blind bat of a human, though, I'm not seeing the limit? Not sure how much to cut.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I didn't put the limit visually any where. I guess I was lazy. Computers think in characters and not words. The limit is around 64,000 characters. I think your article was originally around 66,000. The input box on the web page will just stop letting you type when you reach the limit. If you paste, it will simply truncate at the limit.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Ah, gotcha. Thank you again!