Not getting text

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Not getting text

Post by Louise Bayou »

Not long ago I realized that I had stopped getting text when someone would send me a PM, outbid etc. I checked my settings and they are still the same. I figured it was something I did without realizing it. Well last night another player told me they were having the same issue. Is there anything that has changed? Any way to check and see what is going on on the Sim end?

Anyone else having these issues?
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Not getting text

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago Not long ago I realized that I had stopped getting text when someone would send me a PM, outbid etc. I checked my settings and they are still the same. I figured it was something I did without realizing it. Well last night another player told me they were having the same issue. Is there anything that has changed? Any way to check and see what is going on on the Sim end?

Anyone else having these issues?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48185
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

welcome to the sim without texts =) I have already came to reality I would never receive sim texts again a while back.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

There was also this thread with a poll.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48229
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I guess AT&T finally got around to blocking the Sim. Also realized my Sim emails were going to my spam folder. This is a mess.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

I missed the old poll from 6 months ago but I'd like to vote for:

"I have SIM Text Messages enabled and it used to work but it stopped working"
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 3 years ago I missed the old poll from 6 months ago but I'd like to vote for:

"I have SIM Text Messages enabled and it used to work but it stopped working"
Ditto to this. I have Sprint and my text notifications have not worked for over a year. I vastly preferred them to email. Maybe it's a sign to take more time off the SIM?
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I also have sprint and miss the lack of texts. It has hurt my auction abilities a ton cus now I never know when I am outbid. Sad.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lethal Prodigy
Miler

Post by Lethal Prodigy »

I have Verizon miss the texts too. I used the texts to notify me when an auction was closing. It was a big help
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

I too have not been receiving my texts from the SIM. I removed my number to try and troubleshoot it, but now I am not getting my verification code. I do not use any of the large carriers (at&t, Verizon, etc) I use Consumer Cellular.