Game, can't log in on Kindle

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Game, can't log in on Kindle

Post by Stormy Peak »

Hi,

This started yesterday morning and I don't know if it's the Silk browser or this site that is the issue.

When I get onto the internet on my Kindle... everything is opening up fine, except The Sim Game.
As soon as I hit "log In" - sometimes, I Very briefly get to see my homepage, then I get booted back to my desktop.
The odd thing is, at that point.. I should be logged in? But if I go back, I'm right back at the log in page and more often than not, as soon as I hit the button, I don't even get to see my stable page, I just get kicked back to the desktop.

I can access the forum, YouTube, and other sites, on the Kindle but not the game.

This morning, I tried to clear some of the caches in the kindle... did a force stop and cleared caches on: Silk, Kindle, Launcher, and a few others on the list that looked like they might be internet connected files, to see if that would help. When that didn't do anything, I held down the power button until I got a reset, and waited 1 minute before letting up the power button and let it reload and still couldn't get the game to load.

I will be gone for a good portion of the late morning, early afternoon, so I might not be able to answer any questions or try any suggestions right away...so no hurry digging into this.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Game, can't log in on Kindle

Post by Stormy Peak »

I had a chance to experiment a bit more with this issue.

On both 'desktop' and 'mobile' modes it does the same thing. I hit 'log in' and for about 1/2 a second I see my homepage, then I'm kicked back to my kindle's desktop. But when I go back, I am once again looking at the log in button.

I tried to access the site in privacy mode...and that does work.

I have a bookmark for my stable, so I deleted it, wondering if something was weird there, and I searched for the site on the internet to see if going to the game would make things any different. I got to the introduction page, hit 'log in' at the top left, then tried to log in from that point and still got bumped out.

I'm hoping to get a hold of my sister later today as she also has a kindle...and see if her kindle does the same thing.

At least at this point, I can get into the game using privacy mode.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Game, can't log in on Kindle

Post by Stormy Peak »

Yesterday, late afternoon, for some reason, my Kindle quit returning me to my desktop as soon as I hit the 'log in' button for the game here while I was on 'regular tabs' mode.

It's just weird though, how I could access the site while in privacy tab mode.

Not only that....just the way my luck runs.

Yesterday morning, I went to my sister's home as she has a Kindle. I wanted to see if on regular tab if her Kindle was also going to kick me back to the desktop, or let me into the game. Turns out though, that her Kindle is like stuck in a default privacy tab mode. Even clicking on 'regular tab view' wouldn't make it switch over to regular viewing mode. I dug through everything I could to see if it was some setting that even overrides that switch to regular view button but found nothing.

I tried a power/reset on it...that didn't work. I didn't do a hard reset as that would have deleted everything she had on it. But...just my luck... the only other person I know who has the same kind of Kindle model that I do, and I still couldn't find out if while on regular tab, if her device was doing the same thing as mine. :P

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000