Get Well Soon!

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Get Well Soon!

Post by Gwayne's World »

Dr. Hacklu

Signed, The SIM Players :(
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Get Well Soon!

Post by Dylan Christensen »

All of the psychedelics he did in the 70s are finally catching up with him, RIP
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Serves him right for being a sassy * even when I pay him thousands of $ a week!
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

You would think with the money he steals, he could hire some staff that know the difference between a stethoscope and a horoscope. lol lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Serves him right for being a sassy * even when I pay him thousands of $ a week!
He's my favorite character. He is so much drama and honestly kind of suspicious if he's even a good vet or not.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

His wife and kids probably drove him off the deep end.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Serves him right for being a sassy * even when I pay him thousands of $ a week!
He's my favorite character. He is so much drama and honestly kind of suspicious if he's even a good vet or not.
Ain't no way in hell that good vet can be used when referencing that quack! He can real off twenty various comments about how good them legs look and then suddenly decide the horse has swollen forelegs.... The guy is a crook
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

To add to Hacklu being broken, I also wanted to make note that I just worked the * out of a horse (galloped, swam, schooled in gate) then jogged it, and it came back as "had a brisk jog"... Normally Mary Weather would tell me that a horse is some level of tiredness after that much training.

** EDIT, nevermind, the horse I am referring to must just be really tough. I tested with a different horse and got the "too tired" comment when I jogged it.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Let me add the trainer to this. I've already messaged Em separately, but I've got at least two horses I'm aware of where I paid the 750 gp to get their "horse talent" assessment, only to discover my "stakes and late bloomer" horses had dropped to "allowance and late bloomer". After the second horse, this annoyed me so much that I galloped them anyway, and the gallop comment came back as "stakes and late bloomer", so I checked the first horse again and the same thing happened. The 750 gp trainer comment seems to be off as well. I think both vet and trainer are on strike!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Steve Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago Let me add the trainer to this. I've already messaged Em separately, but I've got at least two horses I'm aware of where I paid the 750 gp to get their "horse talent" assessment, only to discover my "stakes and late bloomer" horses had dropped to "allowance and late bloomer". After the second horse, this annoyed me so much that I galloped them anyway, and the gallop comment came back as "stakes and late bloomer", so I checked the first horse again and the same thing happened. The 750 gp trainer comment seems to be off as well. I think both vet and trainer are on strike!
I demand a refund! ;)
yeah
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
Steve Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago Let me add the trainer to this. I've already messaged Em separately, but I've got at least two horses I'm aware of where I paid the 750 gp to get their "horse talent" assessment, only to discover my "stakes and late bloomer" horses had dropped to "allowance and late bloomer". After the second horse, this annoyed me so much that I galloped them anyway, and the gallop comment came back as "stakes and late bloomer", so I checked the first horse again and the same thing happened. The 750 gp trainer comment seems to be off as well. I think both vet and trainer are on strike!
I demand a refund! ;)
Yeah, I can't trust any of the comments I've gotten from the 750 gp trainer now. Thankfully, I've only used it 12 times so far. I retired and bred one of my mares based on her going from "allowance and progress" to "allowance and peak". Is she really an allowance or did she move up to stakes and I retired her when I should have been racing her instead? I have no way of knowing, just that I made a decision based on what was supposed to be accurate information. How about that allowance and late bloomer that is now an allowance and peak? Can I trust that to be accurate? I hope the fix comes soon, but in the meantime, I won't be paying for trainer comments.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Steve - What you did for 750 Game Points was GALLOP your Standardbred (the note says Don't want to take your horse for a gallop?). We do not yet offer Train Under Harness and Train Over Jumps for that 750 GPs. We are working on that tonight. But it's not that the trainer was wrong per say, he was telling you what the horse would gallop. Which is not what he would say when you later Trained Under Harness. Hope that helps?

ETA - making the text on the page clearer now.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Steve - What you did for 750 Game Points was GALLOP your Standardbred (the note says Don't want to take your horse for a gallop?). We do not yet offer Train Under Harness and Train Over Jumps for that 750 GPs. We are working on that tonight. But it's not that the trainer was wrong per say, he was telling you what the horse would gallop. Which is not what he would say when you later Trained Under Harness. Hope that helps?

ETA - making the text on the page clearer now.
But there is no way to know that beforehand. The game offered up a way to let us know what the horse talent was without actually working them to get that comment. EVERY standardbred I have, whether "trained under harness" recently or not, has the words "recent gallop" on their page and the "gallop" comment. It does NOT say "recent harness" on their pages. I assumed, then, that this great new feature applied to every horse in the SIM, especially since the game allowed me to have that option FOR my Standardbreds.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yes, thanks for pointing this out.

As you know, I already refunded your money, and nothing has changed with your horses. You're right, we've always listed it as gallop but we are fixing it to emulate the Under Harness/Over Jumps.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Thank you.