training and workouts

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emma Monster
Two Year Old

training and workouts

Post by Emma Monster »

hi, i have a question according to training and doing workouts. my yearlings are now doing workouts once a week and I wondering if I can do more than just a workout a week like galloping, jogging, swimming without it being too risky(injury)?. any answer is helpful
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: training and workouts

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Hello Emma,
if your yearlings are doing one workout a week, that is enough. They need about 7 days to recover and be ready for the next workout. If you are doing more and additional training you are starting to get close to what they may muster without getting hurt. If you are using workouts to learn their favoured equipment you also need to standardize the amount and type of training they are getting, or you won't be able to compare their workout times.
Best of luck!
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Emma Monster
Two Year Old

Post by Emma Monster »

Okey thx
Emma Monster
Two Year Old

Post by Emma Monster »

is it the same for all ages?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Emma Monster wrote: 2 years ago is it the same for all ages?
Feel free to PM me in game with any questions you have! I'll be happy to help and point you in the right direction.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Louise Bayou wrote: 2 years ago
Emma Monster wrote: 2 years ago is it the same for all ages?
Feel free to PM me in game with any questions you have! I'll be happy to help and point you in the right direction.
Louise is the best, Emma, don't be afraid to PM her with questions. 8-)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Y58-W10-D6 Vet: Looks like xxx is currently well. This horse is at its peak, it would seem, energy wise, so go ahead and race it
Y58-W10-D6 Vet: xxxs legs look fine for now. This horse should be fine tomorrow, check back with me then if you'd like.
Y58-W10-D5 Vet: X-rays are coming back clear on xxx! This horse should be fine tomorrow, check back with me then if you'd like.

same horse. the first 10/6 was done within 5 minutes of the day change.. the last done about 7 hours after, what gives?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

RNB Stables wrote: 2 years ago Y58-W10-D6 Vet: Looks like xxx is currently well. This horse is at its peak, it would seem, energy wise, so go ahead and race it
Y58-W10-D6 Vet: xxxs legs look fine for now. This horse should be fine tomorrow, check back with me then if you'd like.
Y58-W10-D5 Vet: X-rays are coming back clear on xxx! This horse should be fine tomorrow, check back with me then if you'd like.

same horse. the first 10/6 was done within 5 minutes of the day change.. the last done about 7 hours after, what gives?
I believe the SIM updates every 30 minutes or something like that, so it could just be that the 7 hours after was exactly however many days (let's say 3) since it was shipped or worked or whatever. I hope that makes sense? I could also be wrong though.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

As in real life, the vet cannot predict exactly how many hours/minutes it will be until your horse is 100% healed. When the vet predicts that it "should be fine tomorrow", it means that within the next 24 hours, the last hints of the injury should disappear. For injuries, the changing of the day is not necessarily when an injury will be healed.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

thanks for the explanation, good to know things can change during the day