computer Q

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

computer Q

Post by LA Pepper »

Likely this Q doesn't belong here, but I'm looking for a computer expert opinion. Its likely my computer's fault, but when I try to enter races or bring up a horse's page, it takes FOREVER. Its very difficult to enter races or train horses and the frustration is ruining my game playing. I have a fairly good computer and it mostly does it with the Sim. I can usually get it to go faster by hitting the command button again, or pounding on the ENTER button. But I still often have to get up and get a cup of coffee while waiting for a page change. (which just makes me pound harder on the buttons in frustration !! ).
Also I never go into the CHAT because I seem to be 30-60 seconds behind everyone else. Everyone is sending out congratulations to the winner while I'm still listening to pre race stuff.
Just asking for your opinion on what might b the problem.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: computer Q

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carol, I'm having the same issue with chat and it's really bad, the text i read is almost a race ahead audio, and refreshing or even playing the YouTube part in a different window doesn't sync things up.

However I'm not having issues with the game loading slow. On my kindle I use Silk as the browser, and on my pc desktop computer I use Chrome. I'm just curious here, do you use a different browser like firefox or Microsoft's whatever they call it nowadays?
My desktop computer is Rather old, like 7 years old, It runs win 10 and seems perform fairly well on everything.

That lag in chat, it only seem to start about 3 live-casts ago- maybe 4? But it didn't used to do that on this computer or on my kindle.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
David Howard
Miler

Re: computer Q

Post by David Howard »

You could perhaps try a different browser, or empty out your cache and delete browsing history. Lots of browser processing goes on behind the scenes so these options may help with speed.
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000