Annoying chat pop up

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Aidan O Brien
Derby Contender

Annoying chat pop up

Post by Aidan O Brien »

Can someone please explain to me why an annoying chat window pops up every time I refresh or open a new page. Its the same player every time, a player in which I never never chatted with. For me, X on the top right of the chat window should close this, it reappears everytime, I dont see why I should need to put any extra effort or thought into this. Please explain how to fix.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Annoying chat pop up

Post by The Admin »

I cannot recreate the situation you describe. For me, clicking the X on the chat window closes it. One option would be to Disable the "Chat on every page" option from the Settings area. Then, you'd only see chatroom options when you are in the chatroom.

Does anyone else have the symptoms that Aidan described? Any help?
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I had this happen for months once. I have the chat on every page option turned off, but whenever I opened chat on my laptop (MacBook running Firefox) a window I’d closed months ago would reopen. This same window would not open on my iPhone if I opened chat on that instead. It happened even after I cleared my browser cache and cookies.

My eventual solution was to open chat, leave the nuisance window open, open another window with a player active in chat at the time, then close the nuisance window, then close the new window. Then I exited chat, cleared my cache and cookies, quit my browser, then reopened my browser and chat and I haven’t had it reappear since.

This happened a while ago and my memory isn’t awesome so full disclaimer that I may have done other things in between those steps which may also have had an impact on solving the problem.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Aidan O Brien
Derby Contender

Post by Aidan O Brien »

Hi Cleo, thanks for that inputs, I will try the clear cache and cookies , seems like a good option at least for a quick fix, I will try this on my laptop tomorrow and see , this window kept popping up for me both on my phone and laptop which I found strange though , I now have a chat window from admin popping up when I reload the screen