Search limitations?

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Search limitations?

Post by Stormy Peak »

I wanted to find out how many horses I've bred since joining the Sim.

So, in Search, I punched in my name in the breeder's field and hit enter...since all the presets were set to what I wanted...that being "All" for things like gender, raced/not raced, alive/deceased, pensioned/not pensioned...etc.

However, the results show up as "no horses shown"

Is there any other way to see how many horses I've bred?

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Search limitations?

Post by The Admin »

When I put in your name for the Breeder and left all the other settings along, I got 2646 horses.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Search limitations?

Post by Stormy Peak »

A few months ago I tried to do this same search and got the same results...no horses being shown...but I had other things I needed to so, so I didn't delve into it.

This time...same results and I asked about it.

You got results...so I took another look into it. And I found the problem.

I was using 'autofill' as my name was showing up as soon as I clicked onto the Breeder's field box. I went in and did autofill again, but this time I noticed my cursor was spaced 1 space away from the 'K' in 'Peak'. I backspaced...hit search and that time got results.

I use 'autofill' all the time in the 'Owner' field, and it works, so I didn't even think to check to see if there was an extra space after the K in Peak in the Breeder's field.

Details...always details!

Thanks for looking into this so fast... I didn't know if it was some limitation in the search that was causing this or something else.
It appears the limitation was my lack of noticing that the autofill for that field gave me a
'Stormy Peak ' rather than a
'Stormy Peak'

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000