Am I missing something here?

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Am I missing something here?

Post by Stormy Peak »

I acquired this filly at auction not to long ago. Y60 Wk11 D1
She had no workouts and her last exercise was a jog on Y59 Wk7 D7
She's a turf miler.

Streetlight People

So, in order to get her into condition, I put her into a barrier trial. Which I thought, and just read in the FAQs that 1 barrier trial does equal 2 workouts.

She ran her barrier trial on Wk11 D7.

Today I tried to find a race for her, but nothing will show up, except barrier trials and I get the message that she's not available for racing.

A glitch in the system?
Or am I missing something? I have her set as a turf miler, no claiming, and also just set her for no barrier.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Am I missing something here?

Post by Shannon Hunt »

My understanding from the FAQ is that barrier trials can count towards the two required workouts, but not count AS two required workouts; that is, a barrier trial can replace one of the required workouts. I could be wrong though.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Am I missing something here?

Post by Stormy Peak »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 2 years ago My understanding from the FAQ is that barrier trials can count towards the two required workouts, but not count AS two required workouts; that is, a barrier trial can replace one of the required workouts. I could be wrong though.
That's probably it. I don't buy a lot of horses, and all of mine get works when they are yearlings. I just wanted to get this 2 year old into condition quickly, thus the barrier trial...and was thinking they counted as 2 works for some reason and just glanced at the faqs...and 'towards' didn't even register. I've had little sleep in the past 3 days too...so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks,

Stormy : )
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000