Chat Box Keeps Popping Up

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Chat Box Keeps Popping Up

Post by Danny Derby »

Someone messaged me, I didn't respond, just instantly closed the box. Now 4 hours later every time I go to a new page or a new tab, the chat box KEEPS POPPING UP. Chat boxes are always awful and difficult to fully close, is there any way to fix or improve this?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Chat Box Keeps Popping Up

Post by Lori Hamill »

Not sure if this is it?
Double check under your Profile Settings:
Access the SIM Chatroom from all pages: Disable
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Lori Hamill wrote: 2 years ago Not sure if this is it?
Double check under your Profile Settings:
Access the SIM Chatroom from all pages: Disable
Yeah that's what I eventually did, but I'd actually like to be able to use chat on all pages. Expected behavior I believe should be that once I close a chat box it's gone. That's not the case. And as soon as I turn chat back on or go to chat room, I'm STILL getting a message pop up.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’ve had this problem before too. And then I think I’ve finally got rid of the window and it will randomly pop up 4 months later. Clearing cache and cookies doesn’t always work but sometimes it seems to.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I did a quick test. I enabled "Access the SIM Chatroom from all pages". I had someone send me a private chat message. It popped a message box. I went to other pages and the message box remained (as it should). If I click the down arrow in the title bar of the chat window, it minimizes and makes a small bar toward the bottom of the browser window. If I leave the sim and come back, it is still there. If I click on the bar, the chat window comes back.
If I click the X in the title bar of the chat window, it closes the window and it doesn't come back. Please experiment and see if your experience is different.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I've experimented with this quite a bit. I still often get a chat box returning even after clicking X. This is a constant source of annoyance.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Admin - I emailed the Steward over a screen capture video demonstrating this, she's going to forward it to you.