Horse injured after talent check?

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Horse injured after talent check?

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

I just claimed this filly, saw she was a Allowance LB and thought I would see if she had peaked at a higher level. I used the talent check for 750 gamepoints, and she immediately got injured. I realize she raced back way too soon, but she wasn't injured before I did the check. I thought that the gamepoint option didn't tired the horse at all?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1594353
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Horse injured after talent check?

Post by Carole Hanson »

I believe the system updates at certain intervals during the day which is where things like injuries happen. This horse was probably high up on the list of ‘could get injured’ and so got injured when the system refreshed and picked out a victim. It might just be a huge coincidence that you happened to check the talent at that precise moment. Or you could be right and there’s a bug.

I’d be curious to know actually if you can talent check and injured horse?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

That horse ran On Week 3 Day 5, and then a few days later on Week 4 Day 2. Then was shipped that same day. The Talent Check didn't make the horse more tired, however, it checked during the Talent Check to see if the horse was overly tired and it was. So then the injury happened.
So it probably was on the verge of injury after the second race and then the shipping put it over the edge.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Oh that's interesting. Even a first class shipping can lead to injury?

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

My mistake, I overlooked that the shipping was first class. That does not make the horse any more tired than it already was. I still think the horse was an injury waiting to happen after the 2 races a few days apart.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Ok, thanks for clearing that up!