Kentucky Derby 135

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Kentucky Derby 135

Post by J K Rowling »

The Robert B Lewis and Risen Star have run and there's no Derby thread yet? You guys are slackin'.

Any early favorites?
As much as I hate IEAH, I hope Stardom Bound goes for it, she's a killer filly.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Lea McPherson
Eclipse Champion

Re: Kentucky Derby 135

Post by Lea McPherson »

i see Stardom Bound is booked to Big Brown when she retires. not to go off topic or anything haha I'd like to see her in the derby
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

I'll have an early favorite a week from tomorrow (The Southwest)!
Our 3-year olds look strong this year at Oaklawn, and right now the favorites should be Old Fashioned and Silver City to win the Southwest.
Chelsey Craig
Derby Contender

Post by Chelsey Craig »

I adore Stardom Bound and I really hope she gets her shot at the boys. The Pamplemousse and Old Fashioned are high up on my list too. (Wow, 3 grays. Gray Derby trifecta! :D )
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I saw Pample gallop this morning. He is such a fun dude!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Pample is my new favorite name ever. It's cute and just wrong all rolled into one.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I love Stardom Bound and even though he hasn't touched dirt yet I like Pioneer of the Nile as well. I wonder how they'd handle the 20 horse field though since they're late closers and run way back.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

Is a group getting together to go this year? Its early enough I was thinking of trying to makeplans to come down if a group was going to go. I havent been able to make it to a get together since the breeders cup the year when Ouija Board ran her last year.
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Corey Lange
Miler

Post by Corey Lange »

Old Fashioned is gonna be a great horse,but is he gonna make it to the southwest?, and after this weekend i'm gonna give Fresian fire some credit after his show this weekend in the Risen. Should be a fun run up, and i'll be cheering for Jones to come back and win after all that he had to put up with from the press after last year.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Corey Lange wrote:Old Fashioned is gonna be a great horse,but is he gonna make it to the southwest?, and after this weekend i'm gonna give Fresian fire some credit after his show this weekend in the Risen. Should be a fun run up, and i'll be cheering for Jones to come back and win after all that he had to put up with from the press after last year.
That's the plan Corey, Old Fashioned is at Oaklawn, had a 4 furlong work on Thursday.
Last edited by Leonard Beagle 15 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Here's the link to the latest story on Old Fashioned.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

I hope a group is going this year, I plan on making this Derby my first ever, now that prom isn't on the same day.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I know he's just whooping up on the inner, but I'm starting to believe in Haynesfield.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

All I care about is that I'll be there again!
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I'm going to go with a grey exacta:

1) Stardom Bound
2) Pamplemousse
and then a beautifule dk bay to round out my tri
3) Pioneer

Hmmm... Maybe I'm west coast biased?

I am staking my claim as #1 Stardom Bound fan. I've seen every single one of her races, and can vividly recall her in the paddock for the Del Mar Debutante. I was in there with Tyler's wife and was supposed to be rooting for Evita Argentina... but then I saw my beautiful grey filly. And I jumped ship and now I am self-proclaimed Stardom Bound fanatic! I should have a shirt made... In fact, I think I will!

I LOVE STARDOM BOUND!!!1!