Equibase

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Equibase

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

had a day off today to finally get over the flu and spent ages looking for horses i used to handle as a kid. I love equibase, but I did find I spent a lot of time with some very slow horses:

Ariga (NY), the first stud I groomed, and the one who really taught me about handling stallions. He was an absolute gentleman, which was good, because I was 14. he was used to cross with QH.

Tested Tough (KY) the first OTTB I retrained. Knee chips kept him from jumping but he did pretty well in dressage

Trap de Smoke - a yearling filly I fell in love with when I worked in yearling prep for Sunset Hill farm (Run the Gantlet was there at the time). I also got hooked on a North Pole filly there but I don't think she raced, and the best of 'my' yearlings turned out to be Mardis Gras Belle, who shows nothing on Equibase but went to Bahrain and won a bit. THAT was one seriously good looking filly.

Anybody else snoop around Equibase for lost loves? Find any? There's one other I've searched for but that wasn't a horse so I'm saying nothing.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Equibase

Post by John Nicholson »

yes gigi i also like to pass a couple of hours on equibase looking at old results,i watched a lot of breeders cup reruns last week and arazi's win is still amazing :o
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Now that I have an account that let's me see all the features that cost money, I spend way too much time on there. It's always fun to look up a horse I haven't thought about in a while to see what they've been doing.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Melissa Mae wrote:Now that I have an account that let's me see all the features that cost money, I spend way too much time on there. It's always fun to look up a horse I haven't thought about in a while to see what they've been doing.
Now I know who to go to when I need to find something! lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

So, that North Pole filly I adored is out of a mutliple stakes placed mare, Dynamo Dotty, and a half to Coin Collector.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... registry=T

but no sign of her 1984 filly by North Pole. Or of that trainer that smelled just delicious.
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Stumbled across this as I was looking for something else. here are some updates;

My broodmare's half sister is Pure Xena. Thought I might be onto a big one here but no. I kept checking her equibase wistfully looking for her to come back but now I guess I should be watching the sales results in 2022 for a yearling.

The Dynamo Dotty filly by North Pole that I loved was named Cold Power.

I did find that yummy-smelling trainer though. But that's all I'm sayin'