2014 KY Derby.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

2014 KY Derby.

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Now that the BC is over, the North American focus will be on the 3yos of 2014. I am excited about Honor Code. He is supposed to have the 9f Remsen as his next target. I cannot wait to see this horse go two turns and longer than his last race. His closing speed is insane.
Who is everyone else watching for the next year?
Jackson Muniz
Turf Router

Re: 2014 KY Derby.

Post by Jackson Muniz »

Tap It Rich I think will be very good once he matures. Still very green. but has looked very good despite.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Two words.

Honor. Code.

That horse is gonna be a beast and has the most amazing pedigree. He is a half brother to stakes winner Noble Tune, and is sired by AP Indy and out of a granddaughter of Serena's Song! I love him so much!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/honor+code3

That's his drool worthy pedigree.

Plus he is a stunning piece of equine flesh.

That is from this facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honor-Co ... 9087279650
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

He sure is a stunner Nena. I am AP Indy crazy and this is his last crop. I want the dear old king to finally get a Derby winner. Honor Code is the most exciting 2yo colt I have ever seen by him. Oh, and I "liked" his FB page too. :lol:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The handsome Honor Code won the Remsen Stakes today by a nose over Cairo Prince.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4032_o.jpg is a photo from Lane's End on FB.

The time wasn't anything exciting but that's okay. I still love him.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I'm hoping that race wasn't an indication of what it will take to get him stakes wins in the future because I think he's Indy's best shot at getting a Derby winner.

On a non-Honor Code note, I'm a fan of Smart Cover. His second in the Iroquois impressed me more than Cleburne's win in the race and Tapiture came back out to win today. Tapiture is also a deceivingly good horse in my mind. He lost to Strong Mandate in his maiden and he seems to like 2 turns at Churchill better than the one turn mile.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Tapiture!!
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Nena Olson wrote:Two words.

Honor. Code.
I am so with you on that one Nena! He's a beast. I picked Orb out last year around September for the Derby, and I get the same feeling about Honor Code. He's a really exquisite looking colt with a beautiful stride, a lot of heart, and all the tools necessary to keep moving forward at three.

I'm keeping an eye on this ridiculously gorgeous Smart Strike colt named Pacific, as well, but he still has yet to race. He's been working out a good bit, including from the gate, at Belmont Park and now Palm Meadows, but no entries yet. Darn. Hoping he doesn't turn out to be a dud.

As for Tap It Rich, I try not to put too much hope in Baffert runners. I've just seen what happens to them. They get burnt out or injured, or aren't quite ready to go 1 1/4 miles.

Keep an eye out on Hollendorfer's Tamarando. He hasn't really proven himself on conventional dirt yet, but that might be a maturity thing. He closes deep and probably just hasn't gotten used to the kickback. He has a tendency to climb when in behind horses, but he levels out so beautifully when he gets out for the drive. He's got a lot of bottom with 7 starts now, and a really old-fashioned sort of pedigree. I like this guy lots, especially if he matures mentally going into his three-year-old year.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

shared belief WOW
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

REALLY like Shared Belief. His way of moving is so smooth, and that win yesterday was amazing. He was practically gliding over that surface.. Dirt should not be an issue.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Gold Hawk looks like he could be the real deal. I watched him break his maiden in his debut on Churchill's closing day and he just won again at the Fair Grounds. He's still a bit green but I'm not too worried about that with just two starts under his belt. He's definitely got a good pedigree behind him with a Belmont Stakes winner as his sire and a champion/BC Juvie Fillies winner as his dam. It doesn't hurt that he's nice to look at too. I'm excited to see what he does next year. His connections also own Tapiture so it will be interesting to see where they send each horse.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

WOW to Shared Belief. He's made a believer of me. I'd had doubts about his ability to really do well around two turns, but no more. Too bad this horse is a gelding. He really does have an impressive stride. I still would love to see him do this kind of winning on the dirt. (Yep, I'm a negative Nancy, what can I say?)

And *facepalm*, hey look, Baffert's two-year-old Juvenile winner New Year's Day is retired due to a chipped sesamoid. Case and point of why I put no faith in Baffert horses except when they're either two or in sprint races. Or they happen to be named Game On Dude.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Holy crap, Top Billing!! I like him more than Honor Code his stablemate, their debuts were EERILY similar but I'd take Top Billing over Honor Code. He runs again on January 3rd at Gulfstream, I can't wait!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Nini Hunter wrote:Holy crap, Top Billing!! I like him more than Honor Code his stablemate, their debuts were EERILY similar but I'd take Top Billing over Honor Code. He runs again on January 3rd at Gulfstream, I can't wait!
Heck of a run to come up just short closing into no pace at Gulfstream. Certainly a horse with a shot to be a big player this spring!
Jackson Muniz
Turf Router

Post by Jackson Muniz »

Shared Belief just got sent to Golden Gate to "try something different" according to Hollendorfer. That doesn't sound to good. I doubt he'll make the San Felipe now. Disappointing. I really like Hoppertunity in today's Risen Star. He's galloped out very strongly in his first 2 starts and pulled away late last time. Also half to a executiveprivellage