Giving it all for a horse?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Giving it all for a horse?

Post by Charles Bunbury »

From the Racing Post

USA: A trainer was found dead in a river on Sunday in an apparent suicide just a matter of hours after her promising two-year-old sustained fatal injuries during a race at Emerald Downs.

Monique Snowden, 37, was found under a bridge over Green River near Enumcla, with her husband Dennis later confirming the body was that of his wife of eight years.

Earlier in the day, Snowden's promising juvenile The Chilli Man, who won his maiden by over 11 lengths, broke down in a $50,000 contest which was due to be his last before he was transferred to new owner Dean Reeves and Breeders' Cup-winning trainer Kathy Ritvo.

Dennis Snowden, who is assistant to trainer Frank Lucarelli, said his wife had felt a great deal of pressure about the race and added she had been "devastated" by the loss of The Chilli Man.

'Devastated'

He told DRF.com: "Monique felt a lot of pressure about running him Sunday. She didn't see what was to be gained. She told me he galloped tremendously on Saturday, though.

"I had my arm around her trying to console her because she was crying and was devastated. Frank had a horse in the last race, and I told her I would see her after the race. When I went to the barn, she was gone. I tried to call her, but she never answered."

Snowden added that his wife, who won a Special Racetrack Achievement Award from the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association last year, had been depressed after her mother died of cancer a few years ago.

He said: "It was really tough on her, and she was never really the same after it happened. She still loved her life working with horses, and she was so positive about a lot of things. She just took what happened on Sunday too hard."

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: Giving it all for a horse?

Post by Louise Bayou »

Very sad...
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder