Beholder Being Sent to Uncle Mo

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jared Radley
Miler

Beholder Being Sent to Uncle Mo

Post by Jared Radley »

Per BloodHorse, Beholder is being sent to Uncle Mo. What is everyone's opinion on this match? Personally I think it is a great choice for her. :D
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Re: Beholder Being Sent to Uncle Mo

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I'm an Uncle Mo fan so I like the match. It should be interesting because Uncle Mo had a ton of a speed, and Henny Hughes being as precocious as he was the combination is just loaded with speed.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Jared Radley
Miler

Post by Jared Radley »

So am I. With his speed and her being able to go longer distances they should make a very nice foal. Smart choice in my opinion.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I was told it was Malibu Moon up until today. I'm very happy with the change. That cross would have probably produced a very very crazy foal.lol And its hard to not love Uncle Mo's results!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Jared Radley
Miler

Post by Jared Radley »

I agree Lou! I figured they would have used a Spendthrift stallion but I guess not. I am okay with Uncle Mo though. He is my favorite and he is hot as a sire right now! Great choice!
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Sooo, they chose a sire that didn't win past 8.5f, whose best offspring to date couldn't complete his 3yo season to go to the mare. Great, great choice, maybe they should pick a 2yo sprint star next season. Makes as much sense to me :roll:
Jared Radley
Miler

Post by Jared Radley »

Regardless if he won past 8.5f or not he had some serious speed. Take a look at his speed figures. With his speed and her ability to go longer distances I do not see a problem with the match. Also, Nyquist is not the only one to retire. Most of them do now a days because that is just how the industry is. Uncle Mo has only had two crops of racing age so far and look what he has done...something astonishing that not every stallion is capable of.
Jared Radley
Miler

Post by Jared Radley »

Uncle Mo's stud fee just went up from $75,000 to $150,000.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I love it. Uncle Mo produced a champion and Derby winner in his first crop so it makes perfect sense, no matter how much some people want to hate him. Plus, the closest inbreeding is 5x5 to Suspicious Native so it's about as much of an outcross as you can get. Hopefully it's a successful colt because that'd be a great stallion prospect outcross-wise.
Jared Radley
Miler

Post by Jared Radley »

I agree Melissa!