Dubai World Cup

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Dubai World Cup

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

Did anyone see Arrogate in the Dubai Cup yesterday? That is as close to Zenyattas' '09 BC win as I will ever see. With the same amazing jockey and colors too. It was a crazy déjà vu rush to watch it unfold.

P.S. the Zenyatta race was still better
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Dubai World Cup

Post by Lori Hamill »

Arrogate is amazing - that was a great race. Feel a little bad for Gun Runner, though, he had that race won until .... Arrogate. Really happy to see NY bred Mind Your Biscuits win the Golden Shaheen from Post 14, too.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Bryan Doolittle wrote: 7 years ago Did anyone see Arrogate in the Dubai Cup yesterday? That is as close to Zenyattas' '09 BC win as I will ever see. With the same amazing jockey and colors too. It was a crazy déjà vu rush to watch it unfold.

P.S. the Zenyatta race was still better
Ah, Bryan. You know the right words to say! :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

I am not sure I even have the words to adequately describe what I saw Saturday morning. I've watched the race about a dozen times now and am still in awe. The post-race press conference with Baffert and Smith probably comes closest to describing it best, a hollywood movie ending. What a horse, what a jockey, what a trainer.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Maybe now after a performance like that baffert and other American trainers might realise horses can win big without the use of lasix
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

Baffert said himself he might not have been the horse he is had he been mature enough for the Triple-crown trail. He said missing those races allowed him to develop the horse "properly". He took his time and was rewarded with an all around well built horse physically, mentally and training lessons learned. Patience is important but in this age of high six-figure yearlings, "investors" want a quick return on their money and the juvenile and triple-crown trails is where its at. Its unfortunate, but thats the game. (Just my unqualified personal opinion). I'm not going to touch the lasix subject having worked in the industry in N.A, Europe and Australia I can attest to the detriments and advantages of the whole lasix "debate", as this subject always seems to end up in an all-out brawl. So I will leave it at that. But once again, wow, what a magnificent horse!
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown