Little bits of the SIM in real life

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Little bits of the SIM in real life

Post by Laura Smith »

Summerland vs. Move On? Didn't happen in the SIM, but it did today at Hastings in the year's first baby race. Now, the real Summerland is a filly, quite unlikely to ever even set foot on a turf course, and presumably named for the town near me rather than the TV series or wherever SIM Summerland's name came from, but regardless -- she seems to have taken a page from her SIM namesake's book, as she went straight to the lead, never looked back and won by nine. I had liked this filly before she ran and the fact that she made me back $35.60 for my $2 hunch bet doesn't hurt. Now, losing the $1600 P4 by a neck is a different matter...

Real-life Move On, unfortunately, never looked comfortable and trailed the whole trip. Maybe he just needs another nine furlongs or so on the grass ;)

Random aside, I just realized that the sire of the second favourite, Numaany, was the horse that did this crazy thing at Aqueduct forever ago, and in doing so beat a horse called "British Columbia," which is ironically where (as literally no one would have ever guessed after that race) Numaany ended up, dropping all the way to 12.5k as a 6yo. One of the horses that finished in front of him in his last start in 2011 is somehow still racing this year, starting twice so far this spring for the princely bottom-level tag of 3k (Canadian, so like, what, two grand US, eh?) ... #hastingsproblems

anyway, I like when real life and the SIM collide a bit. Makes me shake my head and wonder if I've finally lost my marbles and combined my two knowledge bases into one...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Little bits of the SIM in real life

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Wow that Numaany clip is insane!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Re: Little bits of the SIM in real life

Post by John Slotmon »

I often forget I have Move On in my stable - thanks for the reminder!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012