2018 Belmont Stakes

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

2018 Belmont Stakes

Post by Michael McGuire »

2018 Belmont Stakes

2018 Belmont Stakes Trophy Presentation

Justify secured his legacy today by becoming the 13th American Triple Crown winner. Congratulations to Justify, Bob Baffert, Mike Smith, and connections for such a rare and outstanding accomplishment.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: 2018 Belmont Stakes

Post by Fern Thompson »

It was amazing. I've now seen four triple crown winners in my lifetime, so I'm happy.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Such an awesome race! After living through the longest-ever drought from my childhood and most of my adulthood, I've now seen two.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

wow Justify, is one of those horses that were born to write a story, unforgettable, in the hearts of all they have been able to see it run

Justify is a horse, an incredible quality, his character shows a peace, and security, is very humble, but with a heart similar to the lion, battling, and sure of himself

What can I say about Bob, incredible coach, also very humble, previous years, he lost 2. Triple Crowns
in full sentence, with Silver, and Real, competitions that ended with a result, impossible to believe, now he has been rewarded with these 2 Triple Crowns, and maybe he can achieve many more.

I can declare Mike, a jockey, very blessed, he has been able to practically ride the best horses of the last time, winner of many Gr.1, and I think he can be very grateful to God, for all the opportunities he has received

so very happy with this horse Justify, which has left much joy in many hearts, worldwide :P :P :P
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I totally did not get Baffert's Burger King plug. Was this an inside joke or something I missed? To me it was a disturbing plug by someone who doesn't need more money.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Pepper Carol wrote: 5 years ago I totally did not get Baffert's Burger King plug. Was this an inside joke or something I missed? To me it was a disturbing plug by someone who doesn't need more money.
The Burger King guy was there for AP's Belmont and he thought he was good luck.lol I thought it was dumb but racing people are a very superstitious lot.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Louise Bayou wrote: 5 years ago
Pepper Carol wrote: 5 years ago I totally did not get Baffert's Burger King plug. Was this an inside joke or something I missed? To me it was a disturbing plug by someone who doesn't need more money.
The Burger King guy was there for AP's Belmont and he thought he was good luck.lol I thought it was dumb but racing people are a very superstitious lot.
Burger King did pay to get the King in the box in 2015 ($200,000) but it was reported that the money went to charity not the connections. I imagine money changed hands this time as well.
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 688092002/
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 5 years ago
Burger King did pay to get the King in the box in 2015 ($200,000) but it was reported that the money went to charity not the connections. I imagine money changed hands this time as well.
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 688092002/
Oh yea I have no doubt money changed hands!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

I would be willing to bet that Justify will be retired after this year just like AP was after his three year old season. It would be cool to see him race at 4 but business is business. I guess they might race him in the Pegasus but I think that would be it. He is a bad boy!