Wonder Gadot

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Wonder Gadot

Post by Hazel Anthony »

What does everyone think of this filly?
I honestly was shocked that she came in last in the Travers. I definitely wasn't expecting her to win, but I didn't see last place coming. :oops: I was really excited to see her race. I always love seeing fillies race against the boys :) I was also surprised that Good Magic was 9th. I guess I should ask what is everyone's opinions on the Travers? Did anyone foresee Catholic Boy winning?
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Wonder Gadot

Post by LA Pepper »

Altho Wonder Gadot is an excellent horse all around and it WAS surprising she was last, I felt like her owners were being really, shall I say, rude , to Canada. Imagine if a horse in the US won the Derby and Preakness and then opted for a richer race in say Dubai or England, instead of going to the Belmont. Kinda a slap in the face.
As to the race, I am sooo used to horses beating each other in races these days, and as soon as one wins one race, he's called the next big thing. Catholic Boy is a great horse and I wouldn't mind having him, but he will be beat by the next one in his next race.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I think I read somewhere her owners opted away from the Canadian race because it was on turf.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Pepper Carol wrote: 5 years ago Altho Wonder Gadot is an excellent horse all around and it WAS surprising she was last, I felt like her owners were being really, shall I say, rude , to Canada. Imagine if a horse in the US won the Derby and Preakness and then opted for a richer race in say Dubai or England, instead of going to the Belmont. Kinda a slap in the face.
As to the race, I am sooo used to horses beating each other in races these days, and as soon as one wins one race, he's called the next big thing. Catholic Boy is a great horse and I wouldn't mind having him, but he will be beat by the next one in his next race.
I think they decided to not go for the Triple Crown in Canada because the last race was on turf and Wonder Gadot isn't the best on grass. Could be wrong. All though, I couldn't understand why they would run her against some of the best boys the US has, even if there was a large purse.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Fanta Arcadia wrote: 5 years ago I think I read somewhere her owners opted away from the Canadian race because it was on turf.
Yeah I think you're right :)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

the owners, of course can do whatever they want , whether its in the best interest of the horse as you suggest, or other reasons. I only know what I got on the broadcast, and that owner said the purse was better, as one of the most impt reasons to run the Travers. Never mentioned the turf factor.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Pepper Carol wrote: 5 years ago the owners, of course can do whatever they want , whether its in the best interest of the horse as you suggest, or other reasons. I only know what I got on the broadcast, and that owner said the purse was better, as one of the most impt reasons to run the Travers. Never mentioned the turf factor.
Yes you're right about that :) Ok.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Oddly enough, Catholic Boy wasn't supposed to win because they said he was better on the turf. Go figure! Anyways, I'm sure we'll see a lot of good racing from Wonder G in the future.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Pepper Carol wrote: 5 years ago Oddly enough, Catholic Boy wasn't supposed to win because they said he was better on the turf. Go figure! Anyways, I'm sure we'll see a lot of good racing from Wonder G in the future.
Yes that is true! All though, I read somewhere that horses coming off the turf can be a bigger threat because turf is easier on horses than dirt, especially if the horse has run on dirt before. Have no idea if this is correct or not, but an interesting theory. I sure hope to see Wonder Gadot again soon, especially in a rematch against Monomoy Girl!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

I didn't expect WG to be dead last. Kind of a jolt to the system there.

But, then again, I never expected Good Magic to do what he did--or rather, didn't do (perform).

But you know the Spa. Graveyard of favorites. Leave those favs alone @ the Spa. So I left Good Magic alone.

I should have had that trifecta in the Travers. But, at least, I got the exacta x 4 and some fair place money on Catholic Boy. I thought he really looked pretty nice in the paddock.

You know, he just looked ... like he was sitting on a huge effort, and that's what he came up with.

What is it with the Spa and being a favorite-killer?????? I never could understand that, but it keeps happening.

Secretariat lost there to a Jerkens horse. Pharoah lost there. I think? The list just goes on and on and on.
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

WG skipped the final leg of the Triple Crown because Casse feels turf is her least successful surface. He said it before the race, he reaffirmed it after she won the second leg, and they stuck to the plan. Yes she had a bad race against the males but Saratoga is also a track horses either love or hate.

As for Catholic Boy, he was already a G2 winner on dirt before this race and finished 2nd & 4th in two Derby preps (4th in the one he bled in) so it baffles me why everyone (not just on this thread but as a whole) think he's just a turf horse.
Avery Genna
Turf Router

Post by Avery Genna »

I love Wonder Gadot. I've gotten to see her run in person three times - she's a beautiful filly. I was disappointed by both her and Good Magic's performances, but that's horse racing. Maybe next time!
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

"baffles you"?
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Avery Genna wrote: 5 years ago I love Wonder Gadot. I've gotten to see her run in person three times - she's a beautiful filly. I was disappointed by both her and Good Magic's performances, but that's horse racing. Maybe next time!

Wow that's amazing! Lucky :D
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Anne Conradt wrote: 5 years ago I didn't expect WG to be dead last. Kind of a jolt to the system there.

But, then again, I never expected Good Magic to do what he did--or rather, didn't do (perform).

But you know the Spa. Graveyard of favorites. Leave those favs alone @ the Spa. So I left Good Magic alone.

I should have had that trifecta in the Travers. But, at least, I got the exacta x 4 and some fair place money on Catholic Boy. I thought he really looked pretty nice in the paddock.

You know, he just looked ... like he was sitting on a huge effort, and that's what he came up with.

What is it with the Spa and being a favorite-killer?????? I never could understand that, but it keeps happening.

Secretariat lost there to a Jerkens horse. Pharoah lost there. I think? The list just goes on and on and on.

Wow I didn't know Secretariat lost there... news for me! Good for you for picking out Catholic Boy :)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS